Just one week for the Christmas Sales preparation. Any quick tips?

Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 2

Hello everyone,

BFCM was the good sales boosting event for all of us. I’m going to run Christmas sales with the latest promotion before the new year. Shopify has released Christmas Toolbox and it took my attention https://www.shopify.com/toolbox?itcat=brochure&itterm=toolbox_announcement_bar

I think more about setting up the email marketing campaigns and send it in two phases: warm up and “final call”. Not sure if it’s a good tactic or not. Does anyone have experience with that?

Looking for more ideas in addition the email marketing campaigns as well… tips, tricks, apps or outside Shopify services that effect on ROI.

Best,

Martin

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
29 0 5

I've used the Getresponse over Mailchimp. It has a great workflow setup based on logic condition.

Just give a try with it https://www.getresponse.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 2

Hi Dear,

Good initiative! everyone should prepare themselves and their store for the festive time. There are many tips and tricks to increase the ROI not only at the time of Christmas or new year but throughout the year. Some of the tips that you can consider to run an e-commerce business successfully and to increase your ROI are using the right Shopify app for marketing, customer support and yes move to multichannel.

Must have a look at the following apps which can help you increase your ROI this Christmas and New Year:

Zendesk
An app for providing best customer support I have used it and really it's AWESOME! You can have a track record of all the chat and even you could track those customers who visited your site while you are not present there to answer their queries.

MailChimp
It is an app that helps you in reaching your clients and helps you in sending automated emails, targeted emails, and ad campaigns to personalize your marketing, sell more stuff, and grow your business.

Walmart Marketplace Integration App
If you are earning good revenue and want to expand your business the best way to do the same is by moving to multi-channel. You can do this easily by just installing the Walmart Marketplace Integration app, this will help you to sell your products at Walmart and if you do not have an Account on Walmart then they will even help you get the account also.

Spin-a-Sale
The best app for the festive time if you are giving different offers and discounts to your client then this app is very useful for you. When visitors enter their email address, the prize wheel spins and they win a random discount. Spin-a-Sale can be fully customized so you can specify the exact discounts you'd like to provide customers and how often each discount is provided.

Thank you!
Have a good day.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
29 0 5

I've used the Getresponse over Mailchimp. It has a great workflow setup based on logic condition.

Just give a try with it https://www.getresponse.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
804 67 187

Work on a strategic gift card promotion for the final 5-7 days before christmas - create a cool graphic, then send it out to your email list and push ads hard on Facebook.

Q: "Last minute shopping? Out of time?"

A: Finish the rest of your holiday shopping in 5 minutes and grab a gift card!

So many customers are hustling to finish their shopping, make it easy for them and slang some gift cards :D

Founder of Speed Boostr (Shopify optimization and dev agency).
Creator of Theme Scientist (A/B testing app).
Creator of Order Automator (app that auto tags + fulfills orders, send emails).
Creator of Tip Jar (add a tip button to your store).
Creator of Shopify Analyzer (free performance analysis tool).
My team also builds custom apps and automated solutions.
Enjoy the adventure!
1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
41 0 2

30% discount is always the best! Just send your email and give them a 30% coupon

Brand assistance @ DRT.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
14 0 5

Not for Christmas, Mike. 30% discount really works for BFCM, but not for Christmas. I think it would be better for you to create some ways for your customer can buy and send a gift to their family or friends. I have applied some of these ideas in a few previous companies that seem to work:

• Give your customer a gift card that can exchange to gift when purchasing
  • Create someways that help your customer send a gift to their friends
  • Discount on when inviting a friend to buy

I also look around the internet sometimes ideas and found some articles about holiday promotion ideas that you can try. Some may work, I think

Cheers :)

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 2

Thanks Amy, maybe I will find someway to help them send a gift to their friend.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
403 0 54

Hey there, I've shared a ton of ideas to help you promote your online store in this post - most of these strategies work all year round.

https://www.brazenprofitlab.com/how-to-promote-your-online-store/

Saying that, one of the strategies I find the most effective (although it's not my favourite) is to have a discount coupon. But I like to do it a little different, using pattern interrupts, and naming the coupon something different. Works for me!

Actionable, affordable, marketing strategies that work. Stacey Herbert www.brazenprofitlab.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
95 0 3

Great post! Hope you see some progress.

But don't forget about post holiday sales.

There are periods of time during the year when ecommerce companies receive lower volumes of orders. Depending on your product offering, sales might slump right after the holiday season ends, during the summer when customers are on vacation, or in the fall when school starts.

The key is to give customers a reason to buy from you again and again.

We wrote about this in detail on our blog, might be helpful for ya: https://bit.ly/2jUd0HO

Good luck!

Kevin Simonson is the CEO of Metric Digital, a performance marketing agency in New York City that focuses on driving revenue and customers through for ecommerce business via online advertising, email and other digital marketing channels.
0 Likes