Just started my shopify store - How to have my products appear in search engines?

Tourist
5 0 1

Hey guys,

I have just started my online store and was wondering if I have to do something in order to have my products show up in search engines.

I remember seing two SEO fields in the .CSV template I used to upload my inventory in bulk but did not write anything in those (did not know what they were at the time).

When editing a product from the admin side of my website, they show an exemple of how my product would appear in a search engine and the right title and description are there... so I was wondering if it was necessery to re-upload my inventory with those SEO field filled.

Also, is it necessery to provide google with a feed or to subscribe to "Google store" in order to have my products show up?

Thanks in advance!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
290 0 160

Hey Rick!

Great questions.

When you open a Shopify store, it's searchable to all kinds of search engines from that point. Each Product and Page has a SEO description box where you can customize what gets shared in the previews on Google, but if you leave those blank it'll take the Title and Description in place of the SEO fields.

You can also edit those from your CSV if that's easier for you.

This blog post goes over best practices for SEO and how you can set everything up: http://www.shopify.ca/blog/4627892-10-crucial-seo-tips-for-ecommerce-entrepreneurs

Hope that helps :)

0 Likes