Keywords " Cart ", "Vat" and "Sign" ranking too high

10 0 0

Hello, 

My Google Content Keywords are not at all what I would want them to be. Instead of ranking words that are important to our products at the top of the Keywords ranking it is picking up on "cart" and "Sign" since they are at the top of every page on the site. It has also determined the VAT (EU Tax)  is important since it is on every product page with the price when it has no relvenece at all to our site. Is there anyway to demote a word like you can with the links? This must happen with all Shopify stores since the cart is at the top of every page.  Any advice? 

Many thanks - Christa  ( RipcordDesigns.com) 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
60 0 5

Hello Christa,

Great question! Content keywords and AdWords keywords are different. What you are seeing is the result of what Google sees as the most repeated words it finds when it crawls your website, these results are for your reference only. The results can be used if ever you create an Adwords campaign for example. Have a look here for a detailed explanation from Google. 

If you are looking to improve your SEO you can reach out to Shopify support and we are happy to share a wealth of resources! :) Here are a few great places to start.

Hope this helps, please reach out anytime to our live support team http://docs.shopify.com/support

Cheers,

Jen

0 Likes
Highlighted
10 0 0

Hi Jen,

Thank you for your reply. Yes, I have watched the videos but am still unclear if irrelevent words like "Cart" that are ranking very high on my Content Keywords with Google are hurting my SEO since they are listed well above other words that are relevant to our site. I am assuming this is happening since "cart" and "sign" apprear at the top of every page.

-Christa

0 Likes