Launching a new innovated hair tool product, what is the best marketing channel for it?

1 0 0

I designed this product to make neat hair buns in a snap without the pain, hairspray, pins and tangles. It has been on Shopify for nearly 4 months and I only sold 1. The customer loves it, others would also. What marketing channels would work best? Should I re-purpose it, it does a lot more than just hair buns, or is it just not getting the right audience?

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
135 14 14

Hey there @Holdilocks_tm,

Ryder here, from the Social Care Team at Shopify. Thanks for posting! I'd be happy to offer some suggestions on how you can market your product.

Before focusing on your conversion rate, you'll first want to set a goal of how many online store sessions your store is seeing in the last 30 days. Generally we recommend having a starting goal of 1000 online store sessions in the last 30 days. You can find what this number is for your store currently in your Admin by going to Analytics > Overview dashboard and changing the date range from Today to the Last 30 days. If you're seeing less than 1000 sessions, your main focus will be to bring more traffic in.

Because your product is a beauty product, you can look at creating a Youtube channel where you offer different hairstyle recommendations, and use your product to display it's usefulness. Another great outlet you can use, if you haven't already, is Instagram. You can share videos here as well, and engage with other users to build your following. Instagram is full of influencers, and many merchants will take advantage of using them to market their products by offering them for free in return for free marketing. We offer a free Instagram marketing course in our Shopify Academy that you may find helpful to check out. You can also write blogs with tips on how this product can be useful in a customer's daily life, which will improve your Search Engine Optimization (SEO).

If you're already seeing more that 1000 sessions in the last 30 days, but your conversion rate is lower than 2%, there could be a number of causes. Your store could have an opportunity to be more user friendly, or visually appealing to capture your visitors attention. You can post in our Feedback On My Store section of the Community Forums to receive suggestions from Shopify staff, Experts, and other experienced entrepreneurs. Another factor that could be at play is who you're targeting. Before developing a marketing plan you want to have a clear and specific outline of who your target market is. We offer a guide here you can reference to help you zero in on your target audience's characteristics. Once you have a clear understanding of your target market, you can begin to develop your marketing plan specifically towards them, rather than just anyone. What have you been doing for marketing so far?

I hope this answer offers you some guidance on how to get started with increasing the traffic to your store, and what areas to focus on to develop your business. I know there's quite a bit of information here, so please let me know if there's anything I can clarify.

Cheers.

-

Ryder A. | Social Care Team at Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes