Let’s find you (a lot of) customers! (Free advice on "pulling" your target audience to your website using the social media.)

Ekim1
Excursionist
45 0 5

Dear Shopify community

How do you bring customers to your website without spending a lot of money on advertising? Simple. Be where they are. Because "the push" doesn’t work anymore. The average American is exposed to 10.000 marketing messages every day. You need to pull them, and it should be their decision to come to you, because people don’t like "being sold to".

Tell us who your target audience is, and let us come up with ideas for finding them, and pulling them to your website.

We'll do our best to reply in one business day.

Who are we, and why are we doing this?

We are a group of ambitious professionals who help small businesses win, because we believe that they are the driver of the economy. We’re helping them gain customers, and make them happy by providing real-time customer service, around the clock. 

We're putting together a series of 'how to find customers using Snapchat, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram' articles that might help you get thousands of visitors without spending a lot on advertising.

Here's the first article:

https://medium.com/@botego/dear-small-businesses-lets-find-you-a-lot-of-customers-b04ed2d6ae92#.913t...

We're looking forward to hearing from you. We just need to know the URL of your store, and how you define your target audience.

Cheers.

We love small businesses because they're the driver of our economy. We have saved them 1 million man-hours last year, preventing their customers from the frustration of seeing the ‘we’re offline’ message on their website. That's why Shopify mentioned our app on their official blog as a 'must have for ecommerce companies'
BohemianBangles
Explorer
240 0 21

Hi Ekim,

Quick question: What if I thought I knew my target market, but Google analytics is telling me different?

I thought my target for age was women 25-35 which they do visit my site. However, I have noticed that I have more women in the age range of 35-55 visiting, and when they visit, the bounce rate is lower and they spend more time browsing.

Should I put stock in this info? Should I wait a few more months to see if this data continues to stay the same?

-Lisa

Bohemian Bangles

0 Likes
Ekim1
Excursionist
45 0 5

Hi Lisa

Here's an expert opinion about the accuracy of Google Analytics demographic data, so I suggest that you don't trust that too much:

Based on your websurfing, Google tries to predict your gender and age. Basically, this is the same as what traditional media has been doing for years: you like to watch The Simpsons, so we assume that you’re a 15-35 year old male. Therefore we will show you advertisements that target males in this age category. The only difference is that Google manages to collect much more data than any other publisher before.

Please take a look at the "Fashion-Beauty" category on Meetup.com. Do you see any popular meetups that you would like to be targeting? 

https://www.meetup.com/find/?metaCategory=fashion-beauty

If so, please read this article to see how you can reach out to them:

https://medium.com/@botego/dear-small-businesses-lets-find-you-a-lot-of-customers-b04ed2d6ae92#.rthl...

We can brainstorm as to where else we can find these women.

Cheers.

We love small businesses because they're the driver of our economy. We have saved them 1 million man-hours last year, preventing their customers from the frustration of seeing the ‘we’re offline’ message on their website. That's why Shopify mentioned our app on their official blog as a 'must have for ecommerce companies'
BohemianBangles
Explorer
240 0 21

Thanks for the reply. That explains it further..I guess I shouldn't start to panic then LOL ;-)

-Lisa

Bohemian Bangles

0 Likes
Ekim1
Excursionist
45 0 5

Exactly

You're very welcome

Do you mind upvoting this topic so that we can reach more people?

Leonard_V
20 0 0

Ekim,

Just left v/mss for you. Trying to understand your service.

Qucik phone call back will be greatly appreciated

Tks

Leonard

0 Likes
Ekim1
Excursionist
45 0 5

Hi Leonard. Thank you! Can you please send an email to team@botego.com so that I can respond right away?

0 Likes