Lingerie online shop

Highlighted
3 0 0

I want to ask a few questions for those who already have a underwear shop, it can be newly fresh online shop!!

What prompted you to open an e-shop in the niche of a lingerie?
What kind of adds you use for bigger sales, have they proven?
What are the biggest minuses for creating an e-store brand for lingerie niche?
What would you recommend for new entrepreneurs who want to sell lingerie online?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1066 64 124

Hi there!

Don here from Shopify. :)

While your questions here are probably best answered by merchants with experience in this field, I still wanted to share a couple of links with you here that might help out.

We've actually got a number of Success Stories herehere, and here that you can check out for some tips and inspiration from businesses that have already achieved some success using an online store.

We also have a few examples here of lingerie stores and the themes they are built on with examples of both free Shopify and paid, premium, third-party themes.

Hopefully, some members of our community will be able to chime in here with their own practical experience of running a store like this.

You can also always reach out to us via our support site anytime you have Shopify-related questions. :)

All the best!

Regards,
Don

Don | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
239 9 52

Hi, there.
Morgan here from the Social Media team at Shopify. 

I just wanted to add to this thread as I have a lingerie/loungewear brand I have run for just over a year now and wanted to dive into some of those questions! 

What prompted you to open an e-shop in the niche of a lingerie?
I love fashion and knew I wanted to open a business in that realm. However, I wasn't interested in a full clothing line as I find catering to everyones styles is extremely hard to do and that market is already very saturated with large players in the field. It also faces challenges such as larger packages to ship, more room needed for storage of larger items, and is harder to focus on one thing and do it well. 

What kind of ads do you use for bigger sales, have they proven?
I mainly use Instagram as my main source of advertising. This is done through content creation and Instagram stories organically reaching my target audience. I also use Instagram influencers to expand my audience. I've used about 10-12 in total over the year. They will each bring different expertise in terms of content, engagement, brand recognition ect. So choosing influencers wisely is key! 

I did a lot of research before jumping into influencer marketing, and followed this guide here.

Whenever I bring out a new collection (this is done quarterly) I will run a Facebook or Instagram ad. These can be very lucrative and efficient in terms of customer acquisition costs, if done right. However, they can also cost a lot of money without much return if you don't have a very targeted demographic and brand vision. 

What are the biggest minuses for creating an e-store brand for lingerie niche?
The toughest part is that lingerie/bras/underwear are very hard to buy online. Many people like to try these items on before purchasing as many women are shaped differently and these are some of the toughest items to guess in terms of sizing. 

This does run the risk of returns due to sizing issues. However, offering a great exchange policy and customer service can turn those returns into life long customers! 

What would you recommend for new entrepreneurs who want to sell lingerie online?
Make sure to know your market, and have a clear brand. There are many people trying to dive into this niche so having a general shop/brand won't cut it. Make sure to utilize free marketing tools, where your customers are most likely to be engaging organically. IE. Instagram, Facebook, Podcasts. 

Also, photography is everything! Customers aren't able to try on the items, so they have to rely on your photos to convince them they need this piece. Make sure your images are a good mix between professional product images, and lifestyle/lookbook content. 

I hope this helps in your entrepreneurial journey. Let me know if you have any questions on any of these topics. 

Cheers,
Morgan F 

Morgan | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes