Lots of traffic, but no sales, spent quite a bit on ads as well

13 0 0

Hey everyone, my shopify store is receiving lots of traffic, especially from the ads I am putting up on facebook and google. However, I am receiving not a single sale. Am I not marketting right or is there an issue with my store? Or if the problem lies elsewhere. Thanks

http://www.culturerevived.com

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
246 9 40

Hi, Michael. 
Morgan here from the Social Media team at Shopify. 

Thanks for reaching out over the forums for some feedback. The site is looking great so far, keep up the good work. I have a few recommendations that may help with your site, as well as a bit of insight into ads and the best way to go about these for high impact conversions! 

1. The first thing I noticed was your "About us" statement. I really like that you have this featured on your Homepage. It's easy to find, and helps build confidence in the buyer right away. One thing I would recommend is to flip the statement a bit. I think it would be more effective to start with the "why" and end with the "who/what". This will gain interest and ensure the reader finishes the article to really understand your concept! 

2. Sometimes when Facebook ads don't work it may be because the audience isn't right for the demographic you are targeting. Something I have done recently in my own shop is set up a few different target audiences in the Facebook ads manager and run micro ads with each. This way you can test out which is most effective before running a larger campaign. 

Once you find an audience that works, I also use this same method to run micro ads with different ad content. ie. Alternate photos, or ad text/promotions. 

At this point you know for sure that you have the best possible ad for your larger campaigns! 

Here's also a document on some common mistakes when finding your perfect target audience. However, I have noticed it is a bit of trial and error to find the perfect match to ensure conversions.

3. Another site recommendation is to hold back on the pop ups for at least another 10 seconds. When viewing the site it is good practice to allow the customer to become engaged before a pop up presenting an action is offered. Too many pop ups may trigger a customer to close the window. 

I see you currently have two newsletter pop us, I would reduce this to one and also have this appear no sooner than 30 seconds after landing on the page. Depending how you have added these pop ups, you can usually change this under the settings within the pop up app. 

4. I think your product pages are great. You have the perfect amount of description, product details, images and sizing information to inform a buyer without overwhelming them with things they aren't interested in. Your product images are also really captivating and make you want to wear the clothes. Here's a great example of one you did perfect! Keep up the great work with those! 

I hope this give you a few things to consider with your shop in terms of areas to grow in and things you nailed! Let us know if you have any questions or want to dive into any of these topics a bit more. 

Cheers, 
Morgan F 

Morgan | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
12 0 1

You also may want to invest in a "heat map" app which can track customer activity on your site, and perhaps will let you find specific stumbling blocks which are getting in the way of your "Sales Funnel."

Maurice Fawcett | Principal - Fawcett Communications
0 Likes
Pathfinder
119 0 40

Micheal,

Here's a free questionnaire that might help...

http://www.indiebrandbuilder.com/funnelbuilder/

Jeremy

I co-run www.soyoung.ca and document my experience in building a 7 figure brand at www.indiebrandbuilder.com
0 Likes
Pathfinder
119 0 40

One other thing: since you seem to sell original designs, have you guys looked at wholesale?

http://www.indiebrandbuilder.com/wholesaling-your-products/

I co-run www.soyoung.ca and document my experience in building a 7 figure brand at www.indiebrandbuilder.com
0 Likes
Shopify Partner
184 3 25

Hi Michael,

Advertising on Google & Facebook ads can be a very complex task. 

If your ads creatives & content or your audience targeting is not accurate enough, you might find yourself spending a lot and getting no sales. 

If you're uncertian on how to advertise your store on those platforms, you might want to try a Shopify app to help you, like AdScale.

AdScale is a 100% automated advertising solution for marketing your store across Google & Facebook Ads.

It uses AI Technology in order to generate for your store smart advertising campaigns that are targeting the right people, with the right ads, at the right time.

- First, it reviews your store history and along with similar industry data, build specific audience targeting of people who would most likely be interested in buying products.

- Second, it creates advertising campaigns on Google Search, Shopping, Display Remarketing, Facebook & Instagram.

- And third, after campaigns are created, the system  is using AI algorithms to constantly review and optimize the performance of campaigns. It does it with automated changes like bid changes, budget changes, addition and removal of ads and more…

You can learn more in this link: https://bit.ly/2RMnSqn

Let me know if that helps.

Amit

Smart advertising campaigns across Google and Facebook, using advanced AI technology. https://ecom.adscale.com/shopify
0 Likes
Tourist
17 0 3

How about an exit-intent header bar like SiteKit's Smart Bar to win back leaving customers? You know sometimes visitors just access your site then leave without a trace, but if you offer them incentives right before they leave your site, then you could convert them to buying customers. 

You could use the same header bar to ask for subscribers' emails. Hence you could raise their interest in your products through the newsletter. 

We just recently launched SiteKit so the app is free now. I hope you could give it a chance and see how things work. 

SiteKit - a full conversion booster platform with every promotion tool you need: https://www.getsitekit.com
1 Like