Low Traffic, No Sales - PLEASE HELP

Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi All,

I have < 100 visitors a day and no sales. I'd love some honest constructive feedback on my site bondtravelgear.com. Don't worry about my feelings: I can take it!

Here are some things I'm doing:

• Facebook Ads: this is the majority of my marketing spend. I'm still trying to figure out my Interest targeting niche. A lot of the travel interests are too broad. I don't get any unpaid engagement on my page (@bondtravelgear)
  • Instagram: currently ~4,400 followers but not a ton of great engagement thus far (@bondtravelgear)
    • I've contacted some influencers and hope to have their posts up next month
  • Bounce Rate: ~78% according to Google Analytics. Not sure if this is good or bad. Seems kinda high.
    • Session Duration: 1m 8s
  • Blog Post: right now, I'm running Facebook PPE ads to push my blog post, which has about 50% of all page views
  • Email marketing: I'm not really doing any of this now. I need to collect emails and start delivering value, but not sure how to approach this.

Thank you so much for taking the time to help! 

Chris

0 Likes
Highlighted

Chris, for Facebook ads, I always recommend stores start with a sequential retargeting campaign. Target 1 day visitors, 2-3 day visitors, and then another ad set (or campaign) targeting 4-7 day visitors (meaning those who visited the store 4-7 days ago). Shoelace is a lazy, newbie friendly way to get going on this front. With retargeting effective, you can start going after new acquisition channels.

Facebook's lookalike audience feature is super effective. But I recommend getting at least 100 customers first. As you get 1000 customers, you can build lookalike audiences from your highest spending customers.

The messaging in your hero shot needs to be clear. It is vague "Go Beyond". Such a common mistake I see: stores trying to be too cute with their marketing. A 10 year old should be able to know what the website sells.

Run Google Shopping ads? Get the free definitive guide to Google Shopping for Shopify (no optin required): https://www.digitaldarts.com.au/google-shopping
0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
45 0 6

Hey Chris,

Are you targeting the right audience for your ads? Sometimes it helps to check who your audience is to make sure their interests are aligned with what you're advertising. I recommend checking out Pollen as it targets your ideal audience and helps with improving your ad performance.

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Thanks a lot for the tips Joshua! I'll get more in-depth on the retargeting as I know that tends to provide the best ROI. I'll also work on clarifying the hero shot messaging.

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Thanks Taran! I didn't know about Pollen but I could always use more help identifying my specific audience.

0 Likes