Loyalty Program

Highlighted
Tourist
45 0 2

Im looking to add a loyalty program to my site. But I cant find the type of program im looking for. Im looking for a rewards program similar to verizons. Like on their site, lets say you buy a magazine with your rewards. Most magazines arent free. A 20.00 magazine would cost you 5.00 after 1500 points are deducted. These deductible points are predetermined by verizon. Does that make sense?? Anyone know of any apps that allows that??

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
156 0 18

Hi Justin,

My name is Ciarán, I'm a Shopify Support Guru.

Loyalty programs can work so well! Have you had a look at the Sweet Tooth Loyalty App

It is a free app and the way it works is, you assign a number "points" (you can change the name of points to better reflect your brand) for completing certain tasks.

For example: 

• I create a new account with you - I get a 300 point welcome bonus
  • I purchase $100 worth of products - 100 points (you can choose how many points you give for each dollar sold)
  • I share your store on Facebook - 50 points

I now have 450 points to spend in your store.

You would then have set up in the app certain discounts, say 400 points might equal a $10 discount.

I can cash in 400 of my points for this $10 discount on your store and still have 50 points left.

Is this something you had in mind? Would something like this work for you? It's a powerful app certainly worth checking out.

All the best,

Ciarán | Shopify Guru

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
45 0 2

Hi Ciaran,

Yeah, I have seen that app. However, its not quite what I have in mind. Currently, I am using Bold Loyalty Rewards App. Though I do love the app, its not what I am looking for either. Basically, I want my items prices to be discounted using reward points. But I dont want the items to be free. Because this program is for charity, giving this stuff a way for free isnt a good investment. Like say a $20 magazine. A donor could save $16 and only pay $4 for the cost of the magazine. Those points would be deducted from their available points. Im not sure where your located, but Verizon Wireless here in USA has a rewards plan just like I want to offer. You save a dollar amount off each product. But very few products are actually free. Its kinda hard to explain, but I dont think any of your apps on your site really do what I want them to do.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
156 0 18

Yes I understand now, It's not something I've seen done with the current loyalty apps we have available. 

The Loyalty Points by Bold is a powerful app too, it might be worthwhile suggesting such a feature to the Bold Apps team. They're constantly updating and innovating their apps and I know they appreciate such feedback and suggestions from their app users.

You can send them feedback on this link here - Bold Support

Another possible option, it's not ideal for your needs but I'll share anyway, it to create certain products at a discount e.g Magazine for $4 (normally $20) and using apps like Locksmith to hide the products from certain customers while other customers/donors can avail of the discounted priced product. There's no "point" system with this method and would require manually observing to ensure the right customers/donors had access to the products, but it has worked for others before.

Let me know what you think,

All the best,

Ciarán H | Shopify Guru
support@shopify.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
142 0 25

Hi Justin, what if you don't need any point system and can give the rewards via tangible benefits?

Like say a $20 magazine. A donor could save $16 and only pay $4 for the cost of the magazine. Those points would be deducted from their available points.

I think customers get lost, confused and some lack of trust towards points, especially since the AirMiles "scandal". 

If you want to try an alternative to old-fashioned loyalty apps, check out our new Milestones app. In a nutshell, it allows to:

• STACKING DISCOUNTS - Enable multiple discounts per order
  • LIMITLESS PROMOTIONS - Create complex campaigns in seconds
  • TANGIBLE BENEFITS - Replace loyalty points with discounts & freebies

We're open to suggestions/ideas for improvement. Drop us an email at support@tabarnapp.com.

0 Likes