Mailing List Editable Capabilities

Sudarat_Muhalo
1 0 0

To: support@shopify.com
Subject: Mailing List Editable Capabilities

Thank you Lyn for your quick response to this matter.

I would like, if I may, give you input from a shopify client view point. Whilst it is understood, as a shopify client, that we do not have complete ownership of the mailing list that we as clients populate; we should as clients at least have the ability to manipulate or edit in any way desired this/our list for promotional, simplistic or  organizational advantage.

I do sincerely hope that your tech / managerial people comprehend this viewpoint and implement accordingly. 

I will share this perspective on the shopify blog in the hope of generating debate and discussion for your team to review.

Once again appreciate your very quick response

Kind rgds

Rob & Bee

Sent from my iPad

On Oct 26, 2017, at 2:07 PM, Lyn <support@shopify.com> wrote:

Lyn (Shopify)

Oct 26, 03:07 EDT 

Hi,

I hope you are well. This is Lyn, Shopify Guru. :)

We chatted about your Shopify store and your concern. I had the internal tech team look into it and was advised that it's something that can't be done at the moment. It appears Sudarat checked out of the shop with three different email addresses (or phone numbers) that were later updated by you. Since the customer originally checked out with different information three times, our system treats that as three different customers since people can share the same name.

We've been exploring the possibility of giving merchants the option to combine customer accounts, but it's not a feature that's near release any time soon. At the moment, the you would have to keep these accounts separate like they are now since there's no way to merge them.

I hope this information helps and makes sense. Should you have further questions or need further assistance, feel free to respond to this email or contact us via live chat or phones. :)

Best Regards,
Lyn
Shopify Guru

0 Likes