Manual Sales effect SEO?

Solved
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi all!

I have a physical store and am currently doing virtual shopping trips for people. I used to be on a WIX platform but just moved to Shopify two weeks ago as it is easier to sell online. My POS has not moved over to Shopify.

When a customer calls and makes a purchase, would my SEO be boosted if I mark that sale in Shopify rather than just removing the product? I wonder this as it tracks how much money is made in a certain timeframe and wondered if Google cared about such things too? 

Thanks for your input!

0 Likes
Highlighted

This is an accepted solution.

Hi Kerri,

I'm not sure what you mean by removing the product. It sounds like you have unique items so that's what you could mean.

Google is not going to factor in products purchased with their algorithm. Look, there's a tiny chance they use this data through Google Analytics (they don't have access to what's in Shopify), but this is all speculative. There are hundreds of other factors that matter more, and you're better off focusing elsewhere. What matters with SEO if you remove a product is setting up appropriate redirects to not cause 404s.

Run Google Shopping ads? Get the free definitive guide to Google Shopping for Shopify (no optin required): https://www.digitaldarts.com.au/google-shopping
0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Thank you for the reply and clarification!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hey Kerri,

It's not likely that you'll see an SEO boost but you can try this:

1. When a user calls you, open Google in incognito
  2. search for a keyword that describes your product
  3. Then scroll through the results until you find your product in the search results 
  4. Then proceed with your purchase.

Good luck,

Marcio

Talk soon,
Marcio
0 Likes