Marketing Advice

Andrew_Wainwwri
Tourist
5 0 1

Hey, 

I recently launched my online store www.partyrepublic.co.uk a online party supplies store based in the UK, we offer a huge range of party products for all events and just want any advice from other e-commerce businesses on how they promoted their business. 

At the moment I am promoting on twitter and facebook and have a facebook store too, but sales are very slow, but I totally understand it takes time to develop a presence. I work full time and run this business part time until it really takes off, so I am planning on employing a free lancer to do the SEO to help me move up the rankings.

I am just interested to know what other new business have tried to help promote their business. 

Thank you in advance :) 

Hello Andrew,

You may get more responses by being a little more specific about what you're looking to accomplish. If it's recently started and you have little brand awareness, the best place to start would probably be publishing content on websites with a larger audience of the people you want to reach.

For example, let's say you want to reach UK parents throwing birthday parties. There are plenty of parenting blogs, magazines, forums and social media groups out there. Approach some of them and provide value to the community. Consider publishing content on those other channels about how to plan a party using examples from your site.

Trying to bring in content from SEO is not going to be easy at first. You won't have the domain authority and brand signals necessary to compete in this very competitive marketplace for anything but branded and long-tail searches. I would focus on brand building and content marketing with the goal of getting them to your website, introducing them to your brand, and possibly capturing an email address in exchange for a free Party Planning Checklist or something they can download.

Good luck!

Doing SEO since Alta Vista baby.
0 Likes
Jessica_Hertl1
Tourist
14 0 3

Hi Andrew, I would focus on trying to get products added to all the empty categories so as not to disapoint your customers. Hide collections that dont have any products. Once you have done this from my experience I would do two things to raise awareness and get new traffic to your site.
1. Create a Facebook page and use their low cost advertising to get likes, facebook fantastic for building awareness of your company and products.

2. I have been in affiliate marketing for over a decade (its my job), most cost effective way to drive new customers is to set up an affiliate program, I suggest PaidOnResults.com, I dont work for them lol but they are the best UK network or Webgains.com. You can allow affiliates to do pay per click, retargeting, and generally promote you in excahnge for a small commission, in essense you are using affiliates to get you out there across multiple marketing channels.

Jess :)

Natwar_Maheshwa
Shopify Partner
43 0 7

Hey Andrew,

Here are some ideas I will like to share with you:

i) Social Media is a place from where you can have descent traffic if you can build an audience.The best thing is you can do it yourself. Here are the steps:

• Start with few social media. Facebook,Pinterest and Instagram are the best for your niche.Create complete and enticing profiles there. See how successful businesses optimize their profiles. Here's a free ebook to optimize your social profiles.

• Build audience: You can reach your fan/followers any time with ease.You may have already invited your friends and family to like your pages, if not then do that first. Encourage your web site visitors to follow you on social media through exit intend popups or any other way. Promote your social media account any where (like on emails from your website, packaging of your produce ) possible. Run Facebook ads for Page Likes not website visits because once some one like your page you can reach her anytime.

• Be consistent: The most common mistake people do on social media is being inconsistent. You need to reach regularly to your fan/followers. But it's very time consuming to create and publish no. of posts on different social media. To make it easy, use DIY social media tools like https://apps.shopify.com/around-io .

• Create Buzz: People are overloaded with content on social media. To create your own space create buzz among your followers. May it be short video (for example behind the scene videos works really wel), funny GIF's , special giveway for your followers or competition for a free shopping on your site.

• Engage with influencer: Find out people in your circle who has good social media presence with a lots of fan/followers. Try to engage with them to make them promote your store. 

ii) SEO is a sustainable source of traffic. It's a continious work but the result worth it. First try to complete the on page SEO. Check your site with free tools like seositecheckup.com. It will tell you where are you lacking. I will suggest you to hire a professional Shopify SEO expert for your website.

Hope this will help you for a head start :)

regards,

Natwar

Around.io - Social Media Marketing for Shopify sellers
topsearch
1 0 0

Hi Natwar,

Your information is good about Social marketing ideas for doing working online.

Thank you for it.

BY Anaya,

http://www.seoservices-companyindia.com

0 Likes
eclipsetechno
1 0 0

Hi, 

There are verious ways of promoting business and generating teraffic to your website. some are as follows:

1. UNDERSTAND SEARCH ENGINE OPTIMIZATION

2.  IDENTIFY YOUR KEYWORDS

3. MAINTAIN DYNAMIC WEBSITE CONTENT

4. INVOLVE YOUR PROGRAMMER

5. LIAISE WITH KEY ONLINE INFLUENCERS

6. ARCHITECT YOUR WEBSITE FOR MOBILE

7. INCORPORATE SMART TEXT AND IMAGERY IN WEB DESIGN

8. CONSIDER PAY-FOR-CLICK ADVERTISING

9.  UTILIZE VIDEO ON YOUR WEBSITE

Regards,

Shamim Rahman

0 Likes
David_Sandusky
Shopify Partner
2 0 0

We find Instagram the best, for now, to target wedding and related event planners. They are very active. In the US listing on wedding service sites works too. Some are free directories and some are paid, the popular paid are worthwhile because brides to event planners look for resources there. A simple Google search should ID the best in your region and getting links to your site from these relevant places is good. Good luck!

0 Likes
Steve89
Shopify Partner
2 0 0

Everything takes time and devotion to capture interest.

You are going to need to find away to have be people engage with your products.

Social Media: Create something like an eBook or an list of the best party games.Create and add and funnel them through your site, require a Newsletter sign up. 

This way you can re-market to them there are many ways to do this.

SEO can be a dirty word to some people so be careful who you choice. We hired 3 companys that all said they would take a different approach. The end result they all didn't understand how to get our company noticed. We spent a lot for little results, in our business we are better served at conventions and trade shows.

Steve

0 Likes
jacquelyn_perry
3 0 0

I been using shopify for at least a month now and I haven't had any customers yet I'm on all social media I'm always having says and giving free products but I still don't get any customers I understand people get things for free everyday but I want to build my business up and just start to get regular customers how can I do that Help please ?!? 

My website Charmedlifesoaps.myshopify.com 

0 Likes
Steve89
Shopify Partner
2 0 0

You may need to start with selling at fair's and farmers markets.

Have the people you gave samples to post reviews everywhere they can. You need to get people talking about your company/product.

Steve

0 Likes