Marketing Help

BoutiqueOwner
1 0 0

Hello, 

I am the owner of Blackout Boutique a new business owner and I am having the worst troubles with marketing. Probably because I’m not exactly sure what I’m doing. I’ve read articles, watched you tube videos, took a couple webinar courses then I tried to launch Facebook ads, spend a great deal of funding. I received sales but not recurring customers only for sale items. I can’t seem to get my google ads or emails to convert to sales either. I’m lost. Is there anyone who can help? Or mentor?

0 Likes
EcomGeeks
Shopify Partner
1002 135 327

Hey @BoutiqueOwner,

Sorry to hear, that has to be really discouraging. When you put money in, you definitely want a return on your investment, so I feel for you. When you get high traffic and no sales it either means you are getting the wrong kind of traffic (not your target audience) or there is something within your store that is turning people away (product prices, shipping time, shipping cost, a site error etc.). We recently released a 2021 Shopify Ad Strategy video that I'd recommend giving a watch:

There are also free ways to advertise, a few ideas are:

• Advertising in local Facebook groups
  • Bring present where your audience spends their time (ie. Facebook groups, forums)
  • Creating content (ie. on social media (TikTok, IG Reels, YouTube) I highly recommend TikTok, it's a newer platform and growth happens quickly.

If you are really struggling with sales, I would also take a step back and look at the products you offer. A good product choice should have these qualities:

1. High demand. Look for "problem fixing products".
  2. Not easily accessible. Look for products that are not available in stores or online through big retailers or Amazon.
  3. Popular. Look for trending products.

What we often see are stores trying to sell items that are already widely available in retail stores or online. When a person is searching for say a pair of yoga paints in Google, big companies with massive marketing budgets are who is showing up in search results and who you are competing with for customers. A person can complete IF they give people a reason to purchase from them vs. the other guys. A good way to set yourself apart is to offer trending products. We show you how in this video:

PS: If you decide to give Ecomhunt a try, here is our affiliate link: https://www.ecomhunt.com?afmc=2tp
Using our affiliate link does not cost you anything extra, it tells Ecomhunt we sent you and we may receive earnings for that referral.

We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up and/or marking it as a solution!

Join our new Facebook Group for Shopify Dropshippers! Winning products, dropshipping advice & more!

Website | Email | YouTube | TikTok | Facebook

0 Likes

Hi @BoutiqueOwner 

What audience you are targeting too? Gave you added some specific filters like lookalikes or retargeting audiences?
If you are generally advertising to any people basis on only on the country, you might be setting up things terribly wrong.

The card abandoned rates for any e-commerce store are generally upto 65% percent. Most of this people could be converted if they are reminded of there carts in advertisements. Try to create re-targeting campaigns to show people ads of products which they have left abandoned in there carts.

If you have enough of purchasers data, create lookalike audience of it to find people which might be interested in purchasing your store. This technique is called prospecting campaigns. Fb AI find vert precised audience and promotes to people who will genuinely be interested in purchasing your products.

You can created many such campaigns with high ROAS rates here at our App Addyz . It comes packed with many campaigns strategies and automation to get you the best possible return out of your ad spends.

Some of the campaign strategies we are offering are:

• Cart abandoned campaigns - Show ads to people who have left cart abandoned on your store
  • Best Seller Campaigns - Show people who visited your store in the last 30 days, a carousel ad of the best seller in your store. The data is refreshed on daily basis.
  • Discounts/Sales Campaigns - Give discount coupons to your existing customers who might be interested in a product
  • Prospecting Campaigns - Find new audience which are similar to people who have visited or purchased from your store.
  • Social Media Base Campaigns- Target audience who engaged with your social media posts/ads.
  • Cross-sell /Upsell Campaigns- Cross sell or upsell products to audience who have already made a purchase from your store

If you have any doubts just leave a message here and i would like to reply soon

Addyz is ad optimization and automation platform for facebook and Instagram ads. Addyz allow store owners to create proven campaign strategies and branded catalogues to increase ad efficiency and boost sales
yu91
Tourist
21 0 3

If you aren't getting conversions, you need to analyze when the traffic that comes isn't converting. This could be for two reasons. 

1.) the traffic you have is relevant, but something about the website is turning them away (poor landing page, too high or pricing, no CTA) 

2.) the traffic you have is not relevant, and therefore you need to work with google ads or facebook ads to get better traffic related to your product. 

There's two tools you can use to help you with both of these problems. 

The first is logrocket. You'll be able to view how visitors to your website interact with your pages. You can see what pages they clicked on, where they got stuck. Logrocket is used usually by UX designers to improve usability, but it can be used by anyone to 'spy' on their visitors. If you use this tool, you'll be able to determine whether your products are priced too high (because you'll see users viewing the price of your products and leaving, for example. 

The second tool is Aori. Aori will let you really easily create hyper-focused Google Ads for your products. You can basically connect your product feed in Shopify to Aori, and Aori will export the names of your products and create a specific Google Ads for every product. This will allow you to get hyper-focused traffic in Google that will actually convert. (The traffic might actually go down because the search terms will be more narrow, but the traffic you do get will actually convert). The link: aori.com/ecom-tool

Those are my two suggestions. 

0 Likes
Propelguru
Trailblazer
308 7 42

Try using these ways to enhance your marketing and sales:
Consider using a competitive pricing strategy.
Get more reviews.
Write SEO-driven content pieces.
Develop a referral program
Leverage influencer marketing.
Launch a giveaway.
Use an upsell.
Set up a loyalty program.
Get more reviews.
Send cart abandonment emails.
Set up a Shoppable Instagram feed
Develop a referral program

VitaF
Shopify Partner
76 1 5

Hello!

I hope you have found some advice above useful and have figured out a thing or two they have suggested. 

If you have a general idea who you are targeting and have perhaps even started to get people to subscribe to your emails, the next step you could take to take your marketing to new levels would be SMS marketing. 

We have a Shopify app for SMS marketing called Senderium  , which is suitable for people who don’t have any previous experience in text message marketing. Just ask to schedule a demo and go through the whole process step by step to figure out how you could benefit from this type of marketing. 

Check out our article on best SMS strategies to understand more in-depth what SMS marketing really is about and if it could add some value to your business. 

Helpcenterapp
0 Likes
Propelguru
Trailblazer
308 7 42

Try using these ways to enhance your marketing and sales:

0 Likes