Marketing Ideas for my Apparel shop

Highlighted
5 0 0

Hi Everyone

I'm trying to come up with a low budget marketing plan($250 - $400 USD) for my store www.bastionapparel.com. Bastion Arts & Apparel was launched last week and got 4 sales in 6 days with 626 visitors to the site. My facebook page was able to get post reach of 1062 and 209 people were engaged. But over the last few days, I have seen a dramatic drop in visits to the site and engagement on facebook. I believe this due to my inability to reach more people than in my own personal social network. What should my next step be? 

Here is my facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/bastionapparel

And here is my instagram

www.instagram.com/bastion_apparel

Thanks for any help or suggestions

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
36 0 2

Hey Peter,

That is definitely a good start to your business, but even better you are concerned about actively working on improving it :)

One free way would be with twitter posts. You can select hashtags that are relevant to your business and post pictures of your products so that others can view them and find you. You can also then link your twitter up to your facebook, so that posts on twitter are posted on facebook at the same time. This can be done with the help of this document: https://support.twitter.com/articles/31113

If you haven't already, I would highly advise checking out how to improve your SEO ranking for searches. This is more of a long term strategy, but can pay off later. We have a great document on getting started with that here: https://help.shopify.com/manual/products/promoting-marketing/seo

Also, it is good that you have allotted funds towards a marketing budget. If facebook is going to be a major source of traffic and your social network is nearly at capacity, then it may be time to check out facebook ads. They give you a personal budget that you can set and give you amazingly specific target markets that you can look to. More on that can be found here: https://www.facebook.com/business/a/online-sales/ad-targeting-details

That is a good start, but I woudl love to hear other opinions :)

Sincerely,

Connor

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

Thanks Connor. I will get to work and give these suggestions a try

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
155 0 6

Hi Peter - here are fews thoughts/ideas to consider:

- use Google Adwords to drive to traffic to your site; focus on longtail keywords so as to capture quality leads.

- use Google/Facebook remarketing strategies to 'remind' folks who have been to your site that you have promotions on, suggest related products (dynamic ads), etc.

- consider using social remarketing strategies whereby visitors can receive a discount on a product, collection or entire store 'post' action (i.e. show them a unique discount code AFTER they have Tweeted you, or Facebook Liked you, or joined your newsletter, etc.).

- hit up traffic channels like Reddit, Craigslist, Kijiji, etc. with 'call-to-actions' designed to drive traffic to your store.

- don't forget to continually optimize for organic on and off page SEO; very important. Pay attention to your Google Analytics and Search Console for ways to improve in this area.

Just a few ideas - good luck!

WhiteWater Web

A certified Shopify Partner and Expert, WhiteWater Web (WWW) is a premium digital solutions company specializing in web dev/design, digital marketing, and online strategy.
0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

Thanks for the tips. I never thought of using Kijiji or Craig's list. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
30 0 1

Hey Peter,

You're site looks really good.  You have a very recognizable and distinct logo too.  The support and use of artists work furthers the quality of the offering.  Here are the only two things I see that I would change around a bit:

1. Set the sign up for newsletter pop up for a more seconds of spacing between occurance ,....it is coming at me really fast and frequent. I am having to stop looking at your products to go and hit the "X" to move the screen takeover.

2. Consider a zoom tool for the products so that buyer can see better detail on the artwork

As for Bringing more customer's to your site: Increase types of garments logo and art can be applied

I'm sure you have heard of Print on Demand  Well, we took it a step further...we are branding on demand.  That means you can sell really really nice made in USA technical jackets with the Bastion Brand applied on a dropship basis/no inventory or wholesale purchase required.   We manufacture apparel using Polartec waterproof breathable fully seam sealed premium fabrics and fleece garments.  This is high quality stuff, not promotional wear junk. You probably know the brand because you are on WC BC and see snow and inclimate weather often.   I see you are already offering the art on AA Made in USA blanks, so quality and domestic manufacture must be important to you.   With our single sale dropship system  essentially you can increase the number of mediums to apply your brand and the artists work without ever having to invest in garment design/engineering, manufacturing or needing to invest or stock an inventory (i.e. warehousing, fulfillment, etc).  Eliminate the guesswork behind picking styles, you will get access to everything we make for men and women without investing in an inventory.  I can see that many of the artists work would transition into a printable heat press format which we could apply in one off fashion and used by our fulfillment center when sold. 

As for Increasing Traffic to your Site:

You were wondering how to increase traffic.  Keywords are tough for new brands that have little recognition. I know.  We've been selling our own in-house brands for 6 years with what started as little known brands.  However, since inception we have landed some great customers like ABC News Worldwide with our brands showing up on ABC tv throughout the day on reporters worldwide. How did we do this?  By making Made in USA high quality goods.    So, by using our "Made in USA" jackets and "Polartec" jackets/fleece keywords you are now gaining heavily searched keywords that you can leverage.  These will also bring you sales through craigslist, ebay, etc.  These keywords will bring many more people to your site while also conveying to your potential customer that the art is being applied to high end quality jackets.   That means you can ask more for the garment.   Our own in-house brands consistently command high $300 and $400 retail rings.  We have a 45% dropship margin built in for you.  Imagine being able to get access to sell these garments with the Bastion Brand Logo on the chest and say Phil's Warpaint or Ben's Svin'ya heat pressed on the back one sale at a time.  Explore our in-house brand links on our website.  These have delivered 6 figure annual sales for our company.   

End of shameless promotion and sorry for TL/DR ...if this sounds interesting to you, check us out americancoatcompany.com and feel free to hit me up at nick@americancoatcompany.com to discuss further collaboration.  BR, Nick

edit:  Further in the future we could offer you the ability to have the artist's work printed on the fabric so that the entire jacket has the art all over it....we can do this because we can small batch custom printed waterproof breathable fabric and other polyesters...it would not be Polartec Neoshell as this is done in-house on our own fabrics

americancoatcompany.com nick@americancoatcompany.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
6 0 0

Nick,

We woild love to help you sell more products via Instagram if you're intrerested. Our platform enables you to extend your shopify store to Instagram so that purchases are done seamlessly via your store. We offer a free 30-day trial and demo. Pricing is $40/month. Checkout CollaredGreensBrand, Maika Goods and Find Your Feet on Instagram and click our links in each one of their profiles to see how it works. 

Thanks, 
Ryan

Ryan Helmstetler Director, Marketing and Sales
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
30 0 1

Ryan, 

We are not selling to the genernal public.  We are wholesaling through dropshipping to online retailers.  We may not even have an instagram account for americancoatcompany.com as we do not want to negatively impacet our retail partners efforts.  Thanks though, and if this changes we will surely be in touch with you. Drop me an email so that we have contact information..NB

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
30 0 1

Peter, here is an example of what I was talking about with small batch printed fabrics.  We do this in the USA.  None of these examples were used by our in-house brands.  These were all other people's art that we dealt with for sampling or private label jobs....

0 Likes
Highlighted
6 0 0

Nick,

I see that now :-) 

Yes, email me anytime: ryan@getxpressbuy.com

Ryan Helmstetler Director, Marketing and Sales
0 Likes