Merchant Center account suspended - Help... 😱😥

Highlighted
Tourist
15 0 2

Hi

In August we received a warning from Google Merchant Center that customers weren't able to purchase from our store, sapatos.com. I contacted GMC's support and they said the error message was wrong because they had tested our page. They said we should not be afraid and it would probably be okay next time it was scanned.

But in September our account got suddenly suspended with this warning message: "Account suspended due to policy violation: User cannot purchase". I contacted their support again and they were really surprised but they said it would be fixed in a couple of days. GMC experts from Dublin, New York and Polen have tried to fix it but nobody understands why this error is triggered.

We are using Shopify's standard app "Google Shopping" and the feed should be okay. We have even tried to use other feed apps but it does change anything. 

Now we have been suspended for more than 6 weeks and it's almost killing our business. The traffic and revenue is dropping alot and I'm not sure how long we can survive. We really appreciate if anyone has any tips or advice on what we can do. 🙏🙏🙏

Best Regards

Per Arne

sapatos.com

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi PerArne -  I am sorry you are going through this - that is really frustrating. What warnings are you getting in GMC? Did you get any more details in the warning or the suspension notice? Did your active product count drop in GMC at all during the warning period - perhaps you have some products that are in your feed that cannot be purchased which triggered the warning? If there are too many errors in a product feed that get flagged, it can cause wider issues.

Let me know what you can send over as you review your GMC account - otherwise I am happy to look into your account for you to see what I can find. 

Please click the like button if my reply was helpful :)
Founder of PromoPrep - Marketing Calendar Software

Find our marketing calendar app in the Shopify App Store
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
15 0 2

Thank you for reaching out, Steve. I will upload a few screenshots here and hear what you think. Have you heard about similar cases? The GMC support says they almost never experienced it before. For 6 months (in the middel of September) they suspended our GMC account, but some of the Google Ads where still running until 21st of October. Now everything is stopped... 😱😥None of the Google Ads campaigns are converting anything, even if they receives clicks and traffic???

What do you think? Thanks again Steve... 🙏🙏🙏

Skjermbilde 2019-10-30 kl. 14.56.28.pngSkjermbilde 2019-10-30 kl. 14.57.00.pngSkjermbilde 2019-10-30 kl. 15.06.23.png

0 Likes
Highlighted

The fact that you were put on warning in mid-Sept then suspended is not out of the ordinary. Google gives you time to fix the issue before issuing a full suspension. Because all of your products were disapproved I have a suspicion this is due to your country/payment discrepancies. All of your products are listed in USD, but the checkout is NOK. GMB does not like inconsistencies that might confuse the shopper and listing one price in USD and the checkout flow being in another is very likely what is causing this issue. Since your products are showing on your site in USD, I assume your product feed also uses USD? The product feed has to match the landing page content exactly (product names, descriptions, prices, etc) or products will get flagged.

If your store needs to process payments in NOK, there is not an easy solution unless you change your settings to process in USD. Are you able to offer other payment methods?

https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/payments/shopify-payments/multi-currency/setup

https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/payments/shopify-payments/multi-currency

Steve

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
15 0 2

Thanks again, Steve.

Our Shopify store is using NOK as currency and the feed is therefore also using NOK. Unfortunately Shopify doesn't support NOK for their multi currency yet, but hopefully they will soon do. We are showing customers local currency, but everybody have to checkout in NOK.

I would be more than happy to give you access to our GMC, Steve. I would be REALLLLLLY happy if you could have a quick look at it. If that's okay it would be great if you could send me a private message with the email address I should invite. We'll definitely give you a payback if you could help us, Steve... 🙏

0 Likes
Highlighted

If your feed is in NOK and your products are in USD on the site, this is going to cause issues. I just sent you an email on your webshop address through your website and I can take a look.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
192 5 40

Hello @PerArne 

Trust you are doing good. As per google policy your country "NORWAY" is allowed for Google Ads.

Its not the country issue.

Let me know if i can help you can I contact you or you can feel free to contact me.

Thanks

Vinod

Vinod Sachdev.
Digital Marketing Consultant
Google & Bing Ads | Web Design & Development | Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO)
15+ years Industry Experience & Knowledge of Latest Web Technologies
250+ Clients Served - across USA, UK, Spain, Caribbean Islands, India & more.
625+ Paid Ads Search, Shopping, Display, Re-Marketing Campaigns Successfully Managed which achieved higher sales
100+ Custom Websites & Landing Pages Designed & Developed

email vinod.digitalcentrics@gmail.com | https://digitalcentrics.com/
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 1

I am getting exact same sudden suspension message on GMC which says "Account suspended due to policy violation: Misrepresentation of self or product (Untrustworthy promotions)" and all our products on GMC are now "disapproved".  No other information is provided.

We have been on GMC/google shopping for years and have made no recent changes. Just out of the blue. Our currency is only USD. I sent a "contact us" to GMC but I suspect with COVID19 it may be a long time if ever I hear back. Would anyone be so kind as to help me?

Best regards,

Alma

https://walkingsticksandcane.com

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi Alma-

This is a very different issue :  "Account suspended due to policy violation: Misrepresentation of self or product (Untrustworthy promotions)" means there are bigger issues with either your products or your shop and will need Google's involvement to get resolved. Did you get any other messages or warnings? Are you running ads in more than one account or doing anything that might violate Google's terms? 

If you have any other information, I might be able to provide more guidance, but if this is the only message your received, you may have to wait this out to see when they get back to you and get more details and a request a review.

Steve

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hello Per Arne,

Really hard to listen that you issue is still not resolved!
As you told here that you have raised your concern with the GMC support and may have filled this form
https://support.google.com/merchants/contact/suspended

> When you fill up the form and the further details, you must have got the revert explaining the check out issue...

This issue arises when there is any problem or issue in the check out process such as,
> Proper Call to action button missing
>If shipping rates are missing..... i.e there can by any issue that the check out cannot be done
>May be sometimes it takes too longer to reach out the checkout page ...due to the Ajax issue, etc
Also there can be further any other issue.

If you really want this issue to be resolved and feel conferrable can share your store URL to us. So,that Our experts dealing with numerous clients have expertise in GMC can help you out in a better way.

Thanks

CedCommerce | Digital Marketing Services

Digital Marketing Analyst
E-mail: asthaupadhyay@cedcommerce.com
0 Likes