Move my shopify store to my existing blog site

Highlighted
Tourist
18 0 2

Hi All,

In 2011, I started a blog about moss called I Heart Moss.com. Last year, 2016 I started a Shopify shop and linked it to the blog. I'm now seeing a lot of bounces from the moss blog; people go to the blog and then click on to the shop a lot.

If I want to make my Shopify store, part of the blog, is it easy to do?

iheartmoss.com 

shop.iheartmoss.com

Related question, the blog has a high bounce rate (82%), the shop has a better bounce rate (43%). Will the bounce rate of the blog negatively affect the shop? Anyone have an idea how to fix the bounce rate? I figure the blog is getting some traffic that isn't relevant but I don't know why or how to fix it. 

Thanks, Karen

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
113 0 6

Hello Karen! 

Kassey here from the Shopify Guru Team! If you're using an external website to host your blog, It sounds like you would want to use the Shopify Buy Button! The buy button sales channel would allow you to generate buttons for your products which your customers could click on and be able to purchase product right from your blog page! For more information on how the Buy Button works, be sure to check out this doc. And for creating the Buy Button, you can check out the method here

I hope this helps, but if you have any further questions - be sure to reach out to Shopify support!

Kassey S
Shopify Guru
support@shopify.com

0 Likes