My Collections are not showing up in search

Highlighted
1 0 0

I have been organizing my wide catagory of jewelry into collections to help with breaking up a huge grouping of hard to find jewelry into easy to find more specific jewelry collections. I have been making sure my page titles are specific to what people are seaching for like "amethyst jewelry" and adding descriptions in the SEO section that work with what we are doing and selling. After working countless hours trying to make my site better, none of the collections are coming up in search even though I resumbited my new information to google and collections have been indexed. What am I missing?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
210 1 24

Hi Leslie, 

Jamie here from Shopify. Your collections are coming up in results for me! 

It can take a some time for changes to take effect on Google. It really depends on the search terms used by your customers, and how competitive your keywords are. Jewelery is a competitive industry, and it can take some time/work to show up higher on search results for more generic search terms like "shell jewelery", while more specific searches like "shell jewellery bejewelled" are an easier market. 

I hope that helps! 

0 Likes