My facebook ad worked for first 2 hours in a week

Tourist
5 0 0

I started a FB campaign, after 2 hours I make a sale.

Then nothing from last week.

I don't know how to forward to not waste more money.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
120 14 18

Hey, @Wario!

My name is Lilith, I'm on the Social Care team at Shopify.

Sorry to hear you're having a challenging time with ads. One thing I should note is that paid ads on brand new stores with a new Facebook pixel may take some time to have a steady flow of results. This is because the pixel is fresh and new and still learning who is the best customer for your store based on the data it is collecting. Here's a great beginner's guide to learn more about how Facebook ads and pixels work together.

If you have some more details that can help us in the Community to see where you can make improvements we'd be happy to help! Here are examples of details that can help us figure out the best way forward for you.

• Which campaign objective and pixel event are you using on your ads?
  • What is the budget on those ads?
  • How long did you run each ad?
  • What product are you advertising?
  • What is your target audience?

That said, I do have some tips that can help you with those ads in a more general way:

• Make sure you have a solid presentation for your site, check out this common tips post here.
  • Narrow down the audiences' interests and demographics to avoid competing with larger brands.
  • Allow each ad to continue running for at least a week to determine if it's likely to succeed.
  • Don't start with Purchase conversions for pixel events, start with the easier conversions like View Content or Add to Cart.

Check out the Marketing and Business Plan section on this post to help with the above tips.

Let me know how you do with this information and if you have some extra details that we can work together on! I'm happy to answer any questions you think of as you work on your business.

Lilith | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Tourist
5 0 0

When I made the sale (with just 45 impression and 5$ budget when I started the campaign) I used Conversion campaign pay per sale. It was the welcome message from facebook before totally ignore getting me sales.

Now pay per sale reached 2000 impressions.

Now the budget is set to 10$ a day and the campaign is not pay per sale but is set always to Conversion but pay per view of the pages. I have the same AD for a week but I sometimes change the format, for a day it is a video, another day carousel but the insertion is always the same.

I'm advertising jewelry, my site is https://tinyurl.com/y3qlnl8v 

My target audience are men, age from 20 to 40.

Also after a week my site is not on google. *Edit: it is now.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
120 14 18

Hey, again! Thanks for the detail there!

It appears that you might be running ads that are a bit complex for a new store. If you're brand new to Facebook Ads, I'd still recommend you go through the guide that I mentioned above and follow the main points. You still need to narrow your audience even further. Not all men ages 20-40 will want to buy the product as the population would have different interests.

Interests and very specific narrowed down audience targetting are two of the key aspects of having high performing ads. Of course, there are many other factors. However, those two are the most important before building any ads. Each of the links above has some great step-by-step processes to help you create that specific audience and be able to target more effectively. A smart plan leads to less expensive marketing costs and a higher return on investment.

Keep things simple, don't change the appearance of the ad or copy just yet. Those are things you can focus on if your ad is doing well and want to improve its success. Start with a simple image ad under an easier to convert pixel event like View Content or Add to Cart (as mentioned in the earlier post). The purpose of this is to get your pixel to learn data.

Without learning, your pixel won't know who'll buy even if you're using a Purchase pixel event. It'll cost more for your pixel to learn something complex like who might be your best customer if it doesn't know who's buying from you yet. Let me know if I can clarify that. Sometimes this concept can be a bit tough to grasp by many beginners. I'm more than happy to clarify if needed.

I do have a course you can access for free that might be a great intro before you head into the guides in the earlier post. This course was created in partnership with Ezra Firestone, a well known Facebook marketing expert. The course is called Advanced Facebook Ads: Customer Acquisition. Each video will go through short hands-on steps that you can follow along with and it'll be a great summary of all the guides that I've linked in the last post.

I think you'll like the course and it'll help you get a great fresh start to the ads you're working with. It's great that you're still early on in the journey, this is a great time to pivot your direction and make any changes as you learn the ropes!

Keep me in the loop if I can be of further help!

1 Like
Tourist
5 0 0

Ok I have created a normal ads with a pic+text that links directly to the page of the product I would boost the sales.

The conversion is set to "View contents" as you suggested Lilith.

I will update you.

Thanks

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
120 14 18

Fantastic! Remember half the battle is testing and being able to switch directions quickly. Keep us in the loop if you'd like a bit more advice.

In the meantime, once you have at least 100 Add to Carts in your store, that would be an excellent time to start your Add to Cart ads. The idea is to grow your "funnel" when you're first starting off. Once you have a funnel that brings steady conversions, this is when you can stick to only using the Purchase pixel event in the future.

Excited to hear about your progress!

1 Like