My facebook pixel does not show add to cart event

2 0 0

@chewka wrote:

Hey, I figured out how to fire Add To Cart event.

Simply go on theme.js.liquid file and look line 876 for :

itemAddedCallback = function() {

Then just add this line right after : 

fbq('track', 'AddToCart');

Cheers

Working for me now!

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi there Lilith,

have a similar problem.

My Ads manager doesn't track the pixel correctly.

It seems to only track the initiated checkouts rather than the actual ATC.

It says "Pixel not paired to product catalog" 

Bildschirmfoto 2019-12-12 um 17.32.57.pngBildschirmfoto 2019-12-12 um 17.33.12.png

When I have a look in my pixel settings in facebook everything seems to be fine.

Bildschirmfoto 2019-12-12 um 17.37.10.png

I had a similar problem in a former store and had someone to "create a catalog and connect the pixel". the result was that every event was tracked double after and it messed up my whole data. What am I missing? I just installed the pixel in the preference section. So it should just rack everything correctly. but it doesn't. 

Any idea?

thanks in advance 

Andreas

0 Likes

Third party apps can interfere with the AddToCart event. I know a lot of Out of the Sandbox themes who used non-standard cart pages had issues with the event. They have documentation about it.

Sometimes you may have AddToCart events occasionally fire. If you go make a site-wide change like what @chewka has, then you will get a double of events. If you don't have any of such events which you can verify through the Pixel Event Manager, then go for a site-wide edit.

Run Google Shopping ads? Get the free definitive guide to Google Shopping for Shopify (no optin required): https://www.digitaldarts.com.au/google-shopping
0 Likes
1 0 0

Didn't work for me the solution: fbq('track', 'AddToCart');

I put it in the next line

@chewka wrote:

Hey, I figured out how to fire Add To Cart event.

Simply go on theme.js.liquid file and look line 876 for :

itemAddedCallback = function() {

Then just add this line right after : 

fbq('track', 'AddToCart');

Cheers

0 Likes
3 0 0

HELP please! I having trouble setting up facebook pixel on my 1st Shopify store. I already manually installed the code in theme.liquid but conversion events are not firing on pixel helper.  Where do install the ADDTOCART, INITIATECHECKOUT, PURCHASE codes? 

Thanks

0 Likes
3 0 0

THanks it worked!

0 Likes