On Google, I see the description:
'Coming Soon. Find out when we open. Email. Spread the word: Share Share on Facebook Tweet Tweet on Twitter. This shop ...'
My password page is NOT enabled anymore, so I'm not sure why this is happening. My shop's metadata has a real description that I wrote, but it's not showing up...can someone please help me? I'm using Supply theme.
This is likely happening because Google hasn't recrawled your site since you've removed the password. It isn't actually instantaneous. What we are seeing here is quite common.
Something you can try doing is submitting your sitemap to Google to speed things along. Check out this document here for instructions on finding and submitting your sitemap: https://help.shopify.com/manual/products/promoting-marketing/seo/find-site-map?utm_medium=forum&utm_...
Let me know if you need any clarification! - JP
Ren | Social team @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution
Hello M C,
The quickest solution to your issue is this:
- Sign up for a free Google Search Console account
- Add and verify your website (the correct version https: or http:)
- Submit your sitemap.xml
- Under Crawl > Fetch as Google, manually crawl your homepage (only one page, not with links)
- Request fetched URL to be indexed
In a few minutes, your homepage should be crawled and indexed by Google.
If you require more assistance, please feel free to get in touch.
Have you tried requesting indexing manually?
1. Go to Google Search Console
2. Paste the Homepage URL into the "Inspect any URL.." bar
3. Request Indexing
|3 hours ago|
|3 hours ago|
|4 hours ago|
|5 hours ago|
|7 hours ago|