My shop's metadata is showing up as "Coming soon" because it thinks the password page is still enabled when it's not!

Highlighted
3 0 2

On Google, I see the description:

'Coming Soon. Find out when we open. Email. Spread the word: Share Share on Facebook Tweet Tweet on Twitter. This shop ...'

My password page is NOT enabled anymore, so I'm not sure why this is happening. My shop's metadata has a real description that I wrote, but it's not showing up...can someone please help me? I'm using Supply theme.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
479 36 78

Hi there! 

This is likely happening because Google hasn't recrawled your site since you've removed the password. It isn't actually instantaneous. What we are seeing here is quite common. 

Something you can try doing is submitting your sitemap to Google to speed things along. Check out this document here for instructions on finding and submitting your sitemap: https://help.shopify.com/manual/products/promoting-marketing/seo/find-site-map?utm_medium=forum&utm_...

Let me know if you need any clarification! - JP

Ren | Social team @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
51 0 12

Hello M C,

The quickest solution to your issue is this:

- Add and verify your website (the correct version https: or http:)

- Submit your sitemap.xml

- Under Crawl > Fetch as Google, manually crawl your homepage (only one page, not with links)

- Request fetched URL to be indexed

In a few minutes, your homepage should be crawled and indexed by Google.

If you require more assistance, please feel free to get in touch.

- Ahmad

Certified E-Commerce Optimisation and Analytics Expert
1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi everyone,

I had the same issue and came across this page. I have submitted my sitemap and everything was successful as I followed the instructions above. In addition, I do not have password enabled in my Shopify backoffice. Sadly, my shop still shows up with "Coming Soon...." :(

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello,  I am still getting the coming soon message.  I submitted my site successfully.  I do not see the Crawl to complete this process.

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

I am having the same problem, I already submitted my sitemap and it seems to be indexed but when I search for my store on google it says opening soon

0 Likes
2 0 0

I also have this issue and google have crawled my site, have a sitemap etc...

I see there is not helpful responses here though

0 Likes
Highlighted

@BlissfulBoho 

Have you tried requesting indexing manually?

1. Go to Google Search Console

2. Paste the Homepage URL into the "Inspect any URL.." bar04:19-01.png

3. Request Indexing04:19-02.png

- Tips to optimize website loadspeed: academy.pagefly.io/how-to-speed-up-website

- Do you need to customize your landing page, product page, blog, coming soon, FAQ, about us pages? Check out PageFly - Advanced Shopify Page Builder.
0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Yes, I had done that over a month ago and google had crawled the site since. However, after posting here, the following day it finally was showing correctly when searched.

0 Likes