My shopify site doesnt show at google results at all

Solved
Highlighted
3 1 0

Hi, my shopify page doesnt show in google results -  at all.

I tried to read that i should check google search console and add some code to somewhere but it gets now too complicated since i dont know where to add in shopify. I thought im paying shopify to get simple visibility for my page in the google results, luckily im still on the trial so not continueing if it is this hard. my shop is www.safarivapeshop.com and i couldnt even find any shopify support chat/email so maybe this is only place then. 

And yes, i have published the website & there is no password, so thats not the problem.

-safarivapers

0 Likes
Highlighted

Success.

Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
214 16 34

Hi, @safarivaper

Thank you for reaching out about that. In regards to search engine optimization, the more your website is linked or referenced elsewhere, the more Google will trust it and raise it higher up on lists on search results. You can help with this by submitting your sitemap to Google, adding keywords to your store's metadata, and more. Take a look at my suggestions below and let me know if you have any questions.

• Think about the top 5 keywords for your store. These will be the top 5 words that people are most likely to search for when looking for your website or something similar. This is a great blog that goes over the details of getting your keywords. I would highly recommend reading it!
  • Once you know what your keywords will be, you can use the resources in your Shopify account to input those keywords. Check out these resources which will help you implement those changes: 
  • Search engines also need to be able to read the text on your website in order to understand it. To help them do this, you can do the following: 
    • Add titles and descriptions to your photos' ALT text. It is difficult for search engines such as Google to understand what a photo on your store represents if it doesn't accompany a description. For help with that, check out our help doc here.
    • Include a blog and an About Us page on your website. These both provide useful content for your customers, and assist search engines in locating your store as well.
  • A website's number of visitors does impact your search engine rating, so it's important to work on increasing your store's traffic. You can run paid social media ad campaigns, run promotions, reach out to influencers, and utilize social media to do this. You can learn more about Content Marketing here, Retention Marketing here, and Guerrilla Marketing here

These tips will give you a great place to start for your SEO! Let me know if you have any questions along the way, and you can also contact us via email, phone call, or live chat support here. 

Brie | Social Care @ Shopify

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 

- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

2 Likes
Highlighted

Success.

3 1 0

Thanks, very comprehensive answer that I didnt expect to get :) I followed your recommendations so hopefully they will help me out. 

1 more question that is bothering me:

- When I add the About Us to there, how do i get to write on that page (since now it is only there and nothing happens when u press it). And same then for the blog when I start one.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
214 16 34

Hi, @safarivaper

For the About Us page, you will navigate to Online Store > Pages > select your About Us page (if you've already created it). There you can make any edits to the page and once you've saved them, you'll just have to add it to your main menu's navigation so that your customers can find the page easily. For help creating pages, check out our help docs here, and then take a look at this doc for instructions on how to add pages to your navigation. 

Similarly, when you're ready to create a blog post you will navigate to Online Store > Blog posts > Manage Blogs > Add Blog. Once you've made the blog you can add a link to it in your navigation as well and add new posts to that blog whenever you want. For more information on all of this, you can take a look here. Let me know if you have any questions! 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi,
As per our analysis, you have Google Search Console already set-up for your Shopify store. But if still, you are facing difficulty, I would suggest you to place the meta tag in theme. liquid file in the head section.

Moreover, with the proper use of keywords in your product listings and other content you can increase the visibility of your Shopify store on SERPs. Also, take care of the meta details of your web pages.

Some free tools to find the relevant keywords in your niche include:

SemRush, LSI Graph & Ubersugget.

In case you need more help, Click Here.

Hope this helps!

Shubhihasani
0 Likes
Tourist
10 0 3
Hello,
I'm having similar issue with my website on google search. I have submitted my site to google search console last November 2019 (verified via godaddy as the domain registered with godaddy). The website is showing on google search after couple of days but the website navigation (header menu categories) not showing below as it does for other website. Any help will
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
322 47 90

@Zak2020 I think what you are referring to is 'sitelinks' https://www.searchenginewatch.com/2017/11/30/what-are-sitelinks-and-how-can-i-get-them/ In which case there isn't much you can do to force them to show on Google as you'll see in the article.

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
10 0 3
Hi Jonwright,
Yes this is what I was exactly referring to. But many thanks for your help.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
214 16 34

Hi, @Zak2020

Are those collection pages not showing up in the Google search results at all? Or are they just showing up with the wrong page titles? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
10 0 3
@Brie (Shopify staff)
I'm afraid the collection pages not showing at all, but the website does.
0 Likes