My shopify site doesnt show at google results at all

Solved
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
209 16 33

Hi, @Zak2020

I see, thanks for confirming! Have you edited the SEO listing for all of those collections? (Navigate to Products > Collections > select the collection, scroll down to the bottom > click "Edit website SEO".)

Brie | Social Care @ Shopify

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 

- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
10 0 3

Hi @Brie 

Many thanks for your support, please see link for screenshot, any suggestion? https://prnt.sc/qqd9ui

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
209 16 33

Hi, @Zak2020

Thanks for the screenshot! Filling that out for each collection will help the search engine locate the page, in order to display it in search results. You'll want this to be readable, but contain keywords that people may be using when searching for your store (or something similar).

The "Page title" field should be a descriptive title for the collection, and the description should include those keywords (and typically your store name as well). You can find more tips on doing this here. I'd also suggest taking a look at this blog post about "How to Write Meta Descriptions that Drive Traffic and Conversions". Hope this helps! 

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
10 0 3
Hi @Brie
Thank you very much for your excellent support and help again, it make sense what you said. I have previously contact shopify telephone support but I was told that it could be my theme issue etc.. I'm glad that you have detected the issues and I hope it works. Will let you know... After completing page title, descriptions & keywords, do I need to re submit the sitemap again to google console?
1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
209 16 33

Hey, @Zak2020

You're very welcome! Let me know if that works any better for you after making those changes. I would definitely suggest re-submitting your sitemap to Google, as this will provide them with up to date information which can alter the search results. That said, re-submitting the site map does not guarantee immediate changes. According to Google, their crawling can take anywhere from a few days to a few weeks. I would say update as much of the SEO meta data as possible, and in the meantime you can monitor the progress using either your Index Status report or the URL inspection tool. You can find more information about that on Google's Support docs here. 

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
10 0 3
Hi @Brie
After re submitting sitemap I have just recieved an email from Google search console that issues detected on

Indexed, though blocked by robots.txt

I will be pleased if you could direct me where to find the file in shopify and how to enable it.

Thank you in advance
1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
209 16 33

Hi, @Zak2020

This is expected behaviour, as many pages are intentionally blocked by the robots.txt. This is just an alert that Google has discovered this, to let you know. Everything on the robots.txt is there to help with your SEO, so it's not something that you need to be concerned with. Nothing can be added to it or removed from it, and it cannot be modified in any way. Let me know if you have any further questions about that! 

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
10 0 3

@Brie 

OK, once again many thanks. 

1 Like
Highlighted

@safarivaper I googled site:safarivapeshop.com and found 39 indexed pages. Although this is an approximate method we use app called flare that can give you more accurate index base and also submit new and updated product pages pro-actively to google, bing and many other major search engines. This will help your pages get found faster to grow sales.

Hope this was helpful.

Asha

https://MansionEcommerce.com
https://apps.shopify.com/partners/mansion-ecommerce
Driving the next decade of eCommerce
0 Likes