My store does about $500 - $1,000 a day in sales but I'm having trouble scaling FB ads, please help!

Highlighted
1 0 0

So I started my store this month and for the past couple of weeks I've gotten my sales up to around $500 - $1,000 a day (it fluctuates depending on the day).

Now, the problem is: Every time I try to scale my successful FB ads, they go to sh*t.

I've tried duplicating the ad set and increasing the budget, I've tried upping the budget around 10-20% every few days, I've tried duplicating the ad set and using a high budget with manual bid, and I've also tried LLAs.

So far none of these scaling strategies have really been successful for me. I mean, there are a few days where I might try one of them and they bring in a good profit, but then the very next day it'll go super negative and make me lose money.

I honestly don't know what to do. Why are all my smaller ads converting so well but as soon as I try to scale they don't work?

Should I just be making a buncha small budget ads just targeted at different interests? But even then like half of the interests I try probably won't be successful.

Anyway, any help would be highly appreciated!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
120 0 8

Hi, scaling ad's can be a difficult problem for many e-comerce owners, it takes business to the next level. Facebook ad's in particular are difficult to scale as once you get to a certain budget the advertisments will become much less targeted, at this point a key thing to do is lead ad's. It is very helpful when trying to scale your business.

Have you tried marketing on instagram or with google adwords? What is your customer conversion rate?

If you would like to go into further detail regarding this please feel free to contact me via my website smallbusinessmedia.weebly.com

I'd love to help!

Sam

0 Likes
3 0 0

Hey there wepresidentnow , when you have a moment give me a call at 858-774-1164 , i know i can help you 100% . and this isn't a sales pitch , my name is angelo and am just looking to help some business owners on shopify , this call will increase your business by minimum 40% in 30 days. Hope to hear from you soon !

0 Likes
Highlighted
Pathfinder
186 0 31

Hi there, 

I get your pain. Scaling FB ads can be very tough. The saturation is because of audience. There is clearly some fatigue. When we run ads, we rotate audiences so that we rest a well preforming audience for atleast 2-3 weeks before we run ads on it again. And even then, our ad creative and messaging is completely different. But for it's also possibe, because we have a complete social media management suite and we can market different features. If you don't mind, can you share you website and the products that you've been marketing. 

Now, there are a couple of things you can try to get new audiences: 

1. Audience insights: Have you explored Facebook's Audience Insights. It's super awesome to build buyer persona and to get targeted audiences. Enter your target interest in the left column under interest and then use information under page likes, purchase, activity, demographics to get audience ideas. 

2. Retargeting: While Facebook has great options for creating a new audience and targeting people, eventually it's a lot of hit and trial. So it's tough to find audiences that actually work. And also, these people have no context about you so the journey from awareness to conversion is long. Retargeting ads are better. All you need to do is place a pixel on your website and make sure that there is steady stream of traffic there. And then you can keep advertising to these people. The best part about advertising to these people is that this audience doesn't stagnate since it's dependent on the traffic on your website. I'll give some pointers for this in the end.

3. Lookalike audience: If you've been trying custom audiences, then lookalike audience is an option available to you. By opting for lookalike audience, you're telling Facebook to find people similar to the audience that you've specified. But this is only for custom audience. 

Growing traffic to your website: 

In the long run, organic traffic counts. Social media continues to be one of the best sources of referral traffic. Apart from Ads, quality content for your shop is required. Even today with channels cutting reach, It’s still a good bet. You just have to pick the right channel. In my experience, for now, Instargram is the obvious choice. On Instagram, content and hashtags are everything. 

Here are some articles that will give you tips on content: 

1. Visual theme for Instagram

2. 47 content ideas 

For your hashtags, give OrangeTwig’s hashtag research tool a try. You’ll get a list of relevant as well as related hashtags for your niche. Learn more about the tool here

With OrangeTwig, you’ll also be able to make all your posts on Instagram clickable. In Instagram, only one link (in the bio) is clickable. For instance, you’ve placed your shop url. The only problem with having a generic link is that your customers need to go your shop and find the product that they liked. There is no immediate gratification. This leads to lost sales. With clickable link in your bio, you can take your customers to specific products. Immediate gratification will lead to better conversions. And even if a buyer doesn’t buy, you can then retarget these people with Facebook Ads later. Learn more about clickable post here. 

Oh and one more thing that’s crucial for building following is actual interaction. With OrangeTwig, you can comment on relevant Instagram posts as well, but in an extremely efficient manner. Learn more about it here.

I hope you find some of this helpful. And if you have any question, please do let me know at karan@orng.es or at akanksha@orng.es

- Karan 

Karan Jassar
Founder, https://Socioh.com
Make great ads for Free.
See demo with your store: https://socioh.com/demo?src=sig
Learn about ads here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/sellersuccess/?src=sig
0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi there,

Did you try to drive Facebook traffic to custom made landing page and see the conversion? Or the traffic will go directly to the product or collection pages? 

❤️ Found my answer helpful? Please LIKE or Accept Solutions.
❤️[Blog] How to maximize ROI with Shopify 90 Days Free Trial. Read More
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
58 0 11

Hey,

Getting to $500 to $1,000 per day with your Facebook advertising is awesome, but like you said, can go downhill once you scale. The reason this happens is because once you increase your budget, Facebook is reaching the people that are most likely to do your conversion objective faster and the audience starts to fatigue. But there are other reasons to, such as audience overlap and saturation that may be decreasing your ROI from specific ads. 

If you are running multiple ad sets to different audiences, it is important that you delve into delivery insights and make sure that you are not sabotaging your own ad sets. Facebook will exclude certain ad sets from bids if there is a lot of overlap, which may be the reason you see diminishing ROI.

I don't think scaling is the issue here - as you can see from the image attached, I've managed to scale my campaigns to $7,000+ in two weeks and still maintain a 700% ROI by optimizing audiences and delivery.

If you have any questions on this let me know!

To Your Success,

Luis Morales - luis@luisemorales.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
14 0 0

Hey there, 

Head on over to www.digitlhaus.com - we offer marketing, design and development services to increase your ROI, decrease bounce rates and improve user experience. 

Fill out a request and we will get back to you the same day! 

Thanks, 

DH Team

We strategically brand eCommerce experiences that convert visitors into life-long loyal customers. DigitlHaus is a full-service digital agency that specializes in eCommerce design, development and marketing. We eat, sleep and breathe eCommerce.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
71 0 12

I can help you with analyzing the result and figuring out what is the possible issue. Just PM me if you're interested to get my free consultation.

Cheers,

Facebook Ads, Google Adwords & Google Analytics - my passion and that's what I can help you with right now.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1 0 0

I use www.listmysitenow.com to publish to search engines all over the world. Www.listmysitenow.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
11 0 0

HI,

I’m John Baker Sales Development Representative for Carts Guru-

the leader in abandoned E commerce cart recovery. We are partnered with Shopify and exclusively devoted to one thing and one thing only.

Recovering lost sales from abandoned carts..

So by industry standards around 68% are abandoned carts. That adds up quick on how much money your business is missing out on! So I'd like to help you regain some of that lost revenue. If you give me 20 min for a online demo I can show you how we will help you recover 15% or more abandoned carts that you would have not otherwise had the chance to recapture. So now let me tell you how this is all possible.

We do this using a Multichannel re-targeting approach. We re-target abandon carts using all channels. We are the only company that uses SMS which are opened at a rate of 97% and read within 3 min!

Our exclusive re-targeting approach will enable your company to realize 15% or more revenue that you would have lost.

Why Carts Guru is different---

1} Carts Guru can set an SPF record which allows us to access your mail server and send out emails to your customers on your behalf. This means that more emails will go to their inbox rather than spam, as a result more emails are opened by your customers-- more than 30% than our competitors.

2} Carts Guru uses a "direct cart link" on all SMS and Emails which when clicked by customer takes them directly to their "check out" page on your website. An ease of use- streamlined process for your customer to complete their order.

3} Carts Guru is the only "Re-targeting" platform that combines all segments of Retargeting.

Enclosed is a short 2 min. video which will give you an overview of how we can help you recover lost sales and increase your ROI.

Click Here--Retrieve Lost Sales

For a more detailed explanation of our features please contact me and I will schedule you a short 20 min. Demonstration with our Account Mgr. Also and more important we know time is money so we will give you a no hassle 14 Day free trial. If you're not satisfied with our service it’s no revenue loss to you. There's nothing to lose and everything to gain!

email me : John@Carts.Guru

0 Likes