My store does about $500 - $1,000 a day in sales but I'm having trouble scaling FB ads, please help!

Highlighted
Excursionist
72 0 8

Hey there,

When it comes to scaling up FB advertising, I find you don't get scalable growth because your audience targeting may be off. You may think you're targeting the right audience, but a tiny mistake can waste hundreds of dollars. 

Here are my suggestions (with some self promotion thrown in :)

1. Understand your target market

You have to research your target market. Knowing the customer demographics helps you design ads based on target audiences. It can be pretty hard to know who your target market is, but machine learning apps on Shopify can automatically identify the best audiences for you.

2. Ad Design

You can design the ads yourself or work with an agency to develop them. They will design various types of ads, such as video ads, static image ads, full-page takeovers, animated images, and so on. Include a clear call to action (CTA) in your images to entice people into clicking on them. A CTA is basically a button that says Learn More, Buy Now, Sign Up Now, etc.

3. Optimization

There are many levels of optimization that help in producing the best results. The optimization techniques include:

• Testing ad frequency
  • Experimenting with the time of placing ads
  • Placing different ads to different people
  • Testing ads on various sites

4. Monitor performance

The final task is to monitor ad performance. Make sure the ads provide the desired outcome. If they aren’t meeting your goals, there is something wrong with the landing page, ads, or other things.

Shopify Facebook Ad & Display Ad Best Practices

Here are some best practices for Facebook and display ads:

• Use a strong product image
  • Add a promotion
  • Have a clear call to action (CTA)
  • Include your company logo
  • Add a strong headline
  • Instill a sense of urgency

Shopify Advertising App Recommendations

Pollen: Pollen enables you to acquire customers on Facebook and across the web simply and cost effectively. Through powerful automation, Pollen offers an easy-to-use marketing platform that’s sole expertise is in driving sales. It takes as little as 2 minutes to set up a campaign. Pollen takes care of the rest. It’s as simple as that! Time is money, so start your free 7 day trial today!

I wrote an in-depth blog post about this. You can read more here.

Put your Facebook Ads on Autopilot - http://gopollen.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
4 0 0

@wepresidentnow wrote:

So I started my store this month and for the past couple of weeks I've gotten my sales up to around $500 - $1,000 a day (it fluctuates depending on the day).

Now, the problem is: Every time I try to scale my successful FB ads, they go to sh*t.

I've tried duplicating the ad set and increasing the budget, I've tried upping the budget around 10-20% every few days, I've tried duplicating the ad set and using a high budget with manual bid, and I've also tried LLAs.

So far none of these scaling strategies have really been successful for me. I mean, there are a few days where I might try one of them and they bring in a good profit, but then the very next day it'll go super negative and make me lose money.

I honestly don't know what to do. Why are all my smaller ads converting so well but as soon as I try to scale they don't work?

Should I just be making a buncha small budget ads just targeted at different interests? But even then like half of the interests I try probably won't be successful.

Anyway, any help would be highly appreciated!

0 Likes
Highlighted

You problem might be that you are not scaling this over a long enough period. What can look like a money losing campaign on days 2 & 3, can make your money the rest of the week. If you truly think you can not scale it then maybe it's your creative + ad format combo. Are you using a static ad or carousel or a collection ad? We test these with clients and each one is different in what  works. Even your ad copy can change the game. We have a couple new audiences we have been testing with clients over the last year that go beyond the standard LAL and they have grown our clients faster and cheaper then what they were doing in-house.

P.S. Don't forget about FB Audience Overlap Tool as audience overlap can silently kill your account.

We help ecommerce brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns across North America, Europe and Australia. We also help with Conversion Rate Optimization: TakeSomeRisk.com

P.S. Take my Google Shopping Course and help grow your revenue this month.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
4 0 0
Oh that’s awesome, yeah I think I’m running both static ads and carousel ads! And I just watched that video about Facebook overlap I didn’t even think about it, I would love to see an example cause I don’t think I know how to scale correctly
0 Likes
Highlighted

We generally increase budget 20% every 3 days and watch performance. Assuming your audience is big enough and your creative is on point... you should increase your CPA hold steady as you spend more money. 

We help ecommerce brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns across North America, Europe and Australia. We also help with Conversion Rate Optimization: TakeSomeRisk.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
4 0 0
So for example, ad sets that start out at 5$ a day you increase them to 10$?
0 Likes
Highlighted

That's not 20% of $5. I would start a client at $10. so it's easier to scale up by 20% each time. $10 --> $12 --> $14 --> $17 --> $120 -->...

0 Likes