Need Reddit post ideas for a clothing brand

Marisa_Barone
Excursionist
92 0 9

Hi everyone!

I keep reading that Reddit is a place where many companies have flourished. I can't seem to figure out how to make that happen with my clothing brand. I'm getting flagged for my posts that advertise or ask for feedback of my brand, and no one is responding in the big fashion subreddits because no one cares about some random small brand they've never heard of. I can't figure out how to break into the popular trendy discussions and direct traffic to my link without getting flagged. 

I know there are articles on "how to use reddit" and all the tutorials, but I need help with actual post topics and ways to get attention. I'm desparate for traffic to my website :/

-Marisa

0 Likes
Marisa_Barone
Excursionist
92 0 9

ALSO-

When I post comments on peoples post, it's telling me i'm "doing that too much" and making me wait 9 minutes. I dont understand why its limiting me to just commenting on peoples photos and stuff.

0 Likes
Katherine
Shopify Partner
5 0 1

Hi Marisa,

Your shop is cute! I like the shirt designs. I have some thoughts for you on how you might use Reddit in a more strategic way.

First, there's a subreddit for Shopify store reviews that you can use if you want feedback on your shop: https://www.reddit.com/r/reviewmyshopify/

It's important to know that Reddit users are really wary of blatant promotion. When you're just on there touting your products you're likely to get flagged.

You're more likely to get traction on Reddit if your goal isn't just to get traffic but to add value in particular forums. For example, if you were a small batch manufacturer of American-made denim jeans, you might look for threads on American textile manufacuring, denim, small batch manufacturing, independent fashion design, etc., then answer questions where you have expertise. So if someone asked, "Who are some emerging indie denim companies in the U.S.?" you could answer with a link to your shop PLUS a few other shops. 

That said, you don't always find questions that perfectly fit with your brand, so some people try to manufacturer those questions/posts strategically while making them look authentic. I haven't done this, but I believe it can be done tastefully. 

I know that doesn't directly answer how YOU might be able to use Reddit, but you definitely want to start with what makes you unique or what you have expertise on, and look for places you can add value in those areas. 

0 Likes
Marisa_Barone
Excursionist
92 0 9

Thank you Katherine! This is great advice! Reddit is quite the beast, so i'll try and get clever with my posts and comments.

-Marisa

0 Likes