Need advise in getting traffic to my website

Tourist
13 0 1

Hi everyone

I started my website around March.  I've done ok considering that I sell an organic hidden veggies ketchup and nothing else but I need more traffic.

Can I ask admins and fellow store owners for advise on how to get more traffic to my website? I'm currently doing Facebook but their "ongoing website promotion" is expensive...

Thank you everyone in advace,

-M

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
103 0 14

Hey Marifer

The first thing I would do is get your domain linked up correctly, betterketchup.com redirects towards https://betterketchup-com.myshopify.com may help with some conversions, give a little more professional feel. 

I only work in organic traffic, so I'll give you my 2 cent on that. I would actually focus on finding bloggers with niche relative websites that have good traffic - use something like sem rush to determine organic traffic levels. As you can run a contest/promo with them, not only does it provide traffic to your site but also gives it a nice relative link as well. But also check their facebook metrics and instagram etc and make sure their numbers add up. You can find lots of people with high followers but have little engagement on their posts, basically just a fake following. 

There's some search traffic for people looking for vegetarian ketchup brands on Google, best move here because it's quite competitive at the moment would be to rank a youtube video. But once your website because more know and has a stronger link building behind it, you will be able to rank for a number of terms on Google. 

Even focus on building recipes out using vegetarian ketchup for your blog and use schema on those posts. ;)

Hope that gives you some idea's.

Best of luck,

Alasdair

Ocean One SEO - Transforming Businesses - 1 to 1 Online Consulting Services Available. Check out the website for details.
0 Likes
Pathfinder
186 0 31

Hi Marifer,

Wow! What a brilliant product :) You’ve done a great job on your website. 

For organic traffic, content and social media are both extremely important. Content will help you with search traffic. I see that you have a blog, but that’s mostly product announcements and reviews. Organic food and healthy eating are fantastic topics for content. I know you’re busy and it can be tough to find time to write, but try getting out 1-2 piece a month. You’re already an expert in this. You just have to convert it into an article. 

Social media is one of the best sources of traffic to your website. But it can eat up a lot of your time. That’s why you should pick one channel and focus on it. I’d say, pick Instagram.

Instagram is a great source to get traffic and get high engagement. People who come from Instagram are also likely to spend more time on your website than any other channel.

I checked your Instagram and it's awesome (especially the memes you share). Your content also seems to follow the 80:20 rule (which is 80% non-product related posts and 20% related to your posts). The frequency of your posts also seems to be one per day with some gaps in between. To get more traffic you can try and post everyday. Use OrangeTwig to automate your posting on Instagram and other channels. 

To get qualified leads through Instagram you need to use just the right hashtags and engage with the people by commenting on their posts. Although this involves a lot of manual effort, you can do this with just a few clicks by using OrangeTwig's Hashtag Research tool. The Hashtag Research tool will let you find just the right hashtags. With OrangeTwig, yo’ll also be able to comment on relevant posts in no time. Here's more about OrangeTwig's commenting feature. 

One thing that you have to absolutely do is make your Instagram posts clickable. Instagram allows only one clickable link and that too in your bio. Since you’re posting different types of content, it’s even more important for you. Because then you can take people from your Instagram blog posts directly to your articles and not to your home page. Use OrangeTwig to make your posts clickable. Learn more about how you can make your posts clickable here: Clickable posts 

Also, as you mentioned that Facebook advertising can be expensive at times but it is actually the most cost effective way considering the long term. You can run your campaigns based on what you want to achieve (traffic/sales/leads). Getting the audience right takes some time but once it is done, this actually will give you a very high ROI. Let me know if you have any questions.

Hope this helps!

- Karan 

OrangeTwig: your complete social media toolkit

P.S - If you have specific questions, ask them on SellerSuccess Facebook group 

Karan Jassar
Founder, https://Socioh.com
Make great ads for Free.
See demo with your store: https://socioh.com/demo?src=sig
Learn about ads here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/sellersuccess/?src=sig
0 Likes
Tourist
13 0 1

Thank you for your reply.  I really appreciated it.

So I changed the domain and now is BetterKetchup.com

I don't know how to use SEMRush... have you used Authority Spy? Which is better?

Can you clarify what you meant "There's some search traffic for people looking for vegetarian ketchup brands on Google, best move here because it's quite competitive at the moment would be to rank a youtube video. But once your website because more know and has a stronger link building behind it, you will be able to rank for a number of terms on Google."

I have 1-2 videos with testimonials on YouTube but the title is Veg'd Organics Veggie Ketchup.  Should I change it to "Vegan Ketchup testimonials" so I can rank for Vegan Ketchup?

0 Likes
Tourist
13 0 1

Thank you so much for your reply! I've been doing instagram and we get traffic to the website from instagram but hardly any conversions.

What can you recommend to convert traffic into sales?

1 Like
Excursionist
45 0 6

Hey Marifer,

Are targeting the right audience on FB? As Karan said, FB is the best long term solution for your business. If you need help with FB advertising, check out Pollen (https://apps.shopify.com/poln). It automates FB advertising and does a great job of retargeting. 

And I personally love SEMRush. It's an amazing tool and is well worth the investment. They have plenty of training materials to help you out. If you want to know more, feel free to email tsoodan@poln.co and I'd be happy to help out! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
103 0 14

Hey,

Sorry I didn't realise that paragraph had some horrible grammar in it.

I think what I was trying to say is, once you start link building, growing the power of the domain, you will be able to rank for more search queries. 

Semrush is really good, it doesn't give you everything because they pull from API's but it's a good base level. They offer free accounts you can sign up for to get started. 

Alasdair

Ocean One SEO - Transforming Businesses - 1 to 1 Online Consulting Services Available. Check out the website for details.
0 Likes
Tourist
28 0 2

Facebook marketing can be tricky if you don't niche down your customer segments. You can easily burn your pockets if the ads are not targeting your customer audience. If you already have customer emails (or) leads i would suggest to try out this app(there's a free credit on it) to get your customer interests https://apps.shopify.com/customer-insights. Once you know your customer interests then you can segment them appropriately on facebook ad campaigns or even send them highly targeted emails around their interests. This can help you to target similar audience too.

https://apps.shopify.com/customer-insights
0 Likes
Tourist
74 0 2

Hi,

Send your query and details to trymecorporation@gmail.com , they will help you for free. 

Thanks and Best Regards, Abdul
0 Likes
19 0 0

Follow SEO strategies.

E commerce supply chain
0 Likes