Need help for Facebook ads

Highlighted
7 0 0

Hi there!

its been a week that I'm running two adds. Spend around 55 euro on it and had 13 add to cart et 2 initiate checkout but still no sale.

Is that normal?

CPC 0,14/0,15

CPM 1,64/1,98

addToCart 8,66/6,01

Chiensetchatsboutique.com

Thanks in advance 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
12 0 2

Hey Yasmina,

In Facebook, unlinke in Google or Bing Search Ads, CPC and CPM may not be the most relevant metrics to evaluate whether your campaign is succeeding or not. However, given the numbers your provided, we can conclude about 3,5% of your visitors are adding products to their cart, and roughly 0,5% are starting checkout.

In my opinion this may be a product of one or more of these things:

- Not setting a proper campaign goal (which, in this case, should totally be Conversions > Purchases). If you are trying to maximize clicks, Facebook will show the ads to people likely to click. But clicking a link doesn't imply buying. You should seek conversions, this may end up raising your CPC a bit, but clicks will be of a higher quality, meaning you will sell more. 

- Choosing a wrong audience: If you are aiming to sell, you should pick an audience eager to buy. I always recommend picking people already following other players (like stores and brands) in your space. These are people who are interested in your product, and open to online shopping. You may also target people in communities and groups of dog lovers for example, only make sure those communities host discussions regarding products for dogs, and not just cute pictures for example, as you want an audience that wants your products. Also, since your site is in French, make sure to restrict your audience's language to french. If I were you, I would totally experiment with audiences: one of people who like other pet shops and brands; one of dog owners; and one of communities of dog owners.

- FInally I would create very actionable ads, with pictures of your products, and a message oriented to sales. Show one product at a time, put relevant copy, include the price (or a discount), and a clear call to action (like "shop now", or "buy here"). 

If you want a detailed guide on how to set it up, you can turn to this brief guide I created a while ago on how to set up a facebook campaign that drives sales. You can check it out here.

Also, it would be great if you could provide more detail on your campaign specs, the audience you chose and your ads. This way maybe I could give you a hand by giving you a few tips on how to set it up in a way that will maximize your conversions, and ultimately start driving sales. 

Hope this helps, and that you start selling, as your products and store really do look great!

Best of lucks,

Tom

I'm a digital marketer with over 10 years' experience and millions spent on Facebook Ads and Google Ads helping E-commerce stores and subscription-based businesses increase their sales. Visit me at http://waffles.co to get some insights.
0 Likes
Highlighted
7 0 0

Hey Tom,

Thanks for taking time to answer to me. That's really helpful.

here some details of my ads.

For the audience, it's all the visitors of my online store and an audience lookalike (360 000). I choose Belgium et French people between 15-55 years.

For the goal it's conversion for add to cart.

I have one campaign with  three  different products.

Thanks in advance 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
72 0 8

Hi Yasmina,

When it comes to FB advertising, I find a lot of the issues come from targeting. You may think you're targeting the right audience, but a tiny mistake can waste hundreds of dollars. Here are my suggestions:

1. Understand your target market

You have to research your target market. Knowing the customer demographics helps you design ads based on target audiences. It can be pretty hard to know who your target market is, but machine learning apps on Shopify can automatically identify the best audiences for you.

2. Ad Design

You can design the ads yourself or work with an agency to develop them. They will design various types of ads, such as video ads, static image ads, full-page takeovers, animated images, and so on. Include a clear call to action (CTA) in your images to entice people into clicking on them. A CTA is basically a button that says Learn More, Buy Now, Sign Up Now, etc.

3. Optimization

There are many levels of optimization that help in producing the best results. The optimization techniques include:

• Testing ad frequency
  • Experimenting with the time of placing ads
  • Placing different ads to different people
  • Testing ads on various sites

4. Monitor performance

The final task is to monitor ad performance. Make sure the ads provide the desired outcome. If they aren’t meeting your goals, there is something wrong with the landing page, ads, or other things.

Shopify Facebook Ad & Display Ad Best Practices

Here are some best practices for Facebook and display ads:

• Use a strong product image
  • Add a promotion
  • Have a clear call to action (CTA)
  • Include your company logo
  • Add a strong headline
  • Instill a sense of urgency

Shopify Advertising App Recommendations

Pollen: Pollen enables you to acquire customers on Facebook and across the web simply and cost effectively. Through powerful automation, Pollen offers an easy-to-use marketing platform that’s sole expertise is in driving sales. It takes as little as 2 minutes to set up a campaign. Pollen takes care of the rest. It’s as simple as that! Time is money, so start your free 7 day trial today!

I wrote an in-depth blog post about this. You can read more here.

Put your Facebook Ads on Autopilot - http://gopollen.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
50 0 2

Hi, Yasmina 

I am sorry if my participation will come against your wishes! But have you asked yourself Why People Buy from Amazon, eBay, Walmart, and others with eye closed?

Humm,

Well, it's the Trustworthiness. So instead of spending hundreds of dollars (or euros) promoting your store or products, you have to Build Strong Brand Name and work on making it trustworthy and popular enough online and offline.

Then,

You can easily run a simple & cheap campaign to get hundreds of sales.

Jodyshop Technologies, Inc. @ Jodyshop.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 1

What is your Cost per website purchase?

And whats the price of the product?

0 Likes
Highlighted
7 0 0

Google AdWords is best than Facebook ads.You can try Google AdWords by creating best keywords for your website.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
56 0 3

Hey Yasmina! My dog is going to have to check out our site. She's a bulldog who needs a new collar!

To your question, yes, Facebook Ads can be a challenge. Sounds like you're off to a great start, so here's our advice.

Test every single day. From ad copy to creative to custom audiences, test it all!

Test everything! It's critical to growth. You have to in order to figure out what works! A few of our account managers who run campaigns explore this in great detail on our blog, thought you might find this article valuable:

Deep Dive On How to Grow Profitable Client Relationships

Hope that helps. Good luck to ya!

CEO of Metric Digital @ www.metricdigital.com
0 Likes