Need help making Instagram influencer strategy if i already offer free shipping?

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi i'm pretty new to all this and have taken a long time in trying to do things more on the right side the first time.

After setting up my store and Social media pages, I am up to the stage of finding an influencer to promote a certain product from my store.

Currently my store has free shipping as standard. With all the videos i've watched on this subject, those gurus have all recommmended the Free + Shipping instagram ad strategy to gain attention and drive sales.

I am Using canva as recommended to make my ad post.

So for example would "25% Off for limited time" and emphasizing "FREE SHIPPING" at the bottom be a decent strategy? (Certain percentage sound better than others?)

Is it better to use a discount code in the ad ie: "Use code: 25OFF" for example, or just make the product cheaper on shopify for a certain time?

I appreciate any advice from anyone

Many thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
156 5 48

Hello!

Ash here, from Shopify.

First, I’d like to congratulate you on starting your new business. The beginning of your business is one of the most exciting times, there’s no doubt! I’d like to help you as much as possible to be successful.

You ask some great questions, but I’d like to start by clearing something up -the difference between a marketing strategy and a marketing tactic, and why that’s important. A strategy is a plan for how to achieve a final goal, whereas tactics are the specific actionable items that make your strategy work. Why this is important is because many people think they have a strategy when in fact they have assembled a series of tactics that may not work in unison to achieve their desired goal.

Some things you want to consider when creating a strategy are: Who is your target demographic? What is your inbound strategy? What is your earned (Wikipedia) media strategy? Will you use paid channels (Google Ads, Facebook Ads)? Have you created a marketing funnel to track and effectively communicate to consumers at the different stages of the buyer’s journey?

I don’t mean to overwhelm you with information, but developing a solid strategy will build a foundation upon which your tactics will work together, making your strategy successful and help achieve your goal -making sales!

So, to answer your question ‘will free-plus-shipping will work’ as a tactic, my answer is: Yes, it can work if you have laid out a strategy that is bringing enough traffic, and the right type of traffic, (is it coming from your chosen demographic?) through your channels to your website. But, free-plus-shipping is one tactic among many. You should be using  A/B testing to see which tactics work the best. If one tactic isn’t working, then stop doing it and try another. You may find this blog, that lists a number of effective pricing tactics, helpful.

During all the different stages of the buyer’s journey you need be analyzing, using tools such as Google Analytics, the actions taken by users to understand how you can improve the customer journey. If you’re getting a lot of traffic to your site but they leave immediately after they arrive how might you improve your website so that doesn’t happen? Did you link them to the wrong page? Was there no call-to-action when they arrived? Is the website not ‘on brand’?

I hope this information has been helpful to you and encourage you to read as many of the links I’ve shared. If there is one I recommend you check out it’s Hubspot Academy. There you’ll find excellent courses explaining in depth everything I’ve spoken about, in plain, easy to understand language. It’s a lot of information but it’s gold and I promise it will help you achieve your goals in e-commerce.

Let me know if you have more questions as I’m happy to help further!

_Ash_ | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes