Need help with Marketing

2 0 0

So far, Ive tried a few methods to get traffic:

1. Ad for brand awareness on facebook - most successful

2. Ad for conversions - least successful

3. Google Ads campain - successful, but cost too much for me (over $400 for one campaign, many clicks but only one sale)

4. A few fiverr gigs - mainly just for clicks, the gig posters put referral links on social media sites. One of the 3 previous gigs actually gave me a good amount of return visitors, the others didnt.

These were all done without me posting regularly on ny store's Facebook page (I made my first FB Post today)

What should I do more of to eventually get paying visitors? What should I do less of?

0 Likes

Hi Davon,

I am Digital Marketing Consultant with 10+ years of experience and I am shopify partner as well.

For me CRO (Conversion Rate Opitimization) is most important than traffic. If I would get 10K traffic per month but conversion rate would be only 10 sales per month then it's not proper strategy. You are getting traffic but it's not relevant traffic. In long term, it will not helpful to get better ranking in Google.

Digital Marketing Includes;

• Organic SEO (Google & Bing)
    • On Page SEO
    • Off Page SEO
  • Paid Ads (SEM - Search Enging Marketing)
    • Google Adwords
    • Bing Adwords
    • Google Shopping Ads
    • Display Marketing
    • Remarketing
  • Social Media Marketing
    • Facebook Ads
    • Twitter, Linkedin, Pinterest etc...

SEO is the practice of optimizing individual web pages in order to rank higher and earn more relevant traffic in search engines. On-page refers to both the content and HTML source code of a page that can be optimized, as opposed to off-page SEO which refers to links and other external signals.

On Page Optimization covers below points;

• Creating Meta Tags for the site which includes: Page Title, Description, Keywords, H1, H2 and H3 Tags, Alt Tags, Page Heading Optimization
  • Keyword Research
  • Competitor Analysis
  • Check if the URLs for Search Engine friendly
  • XML Sitemap Creation
  • Google Local / Maps Registration
  • Schema Structure Data Setup
  • Google+ Account Creation
  • Google Analytics Setup
  • Google Webmaster tools setup
  • Check Mobile Site Compatibility
  • Check Broken Link
  • Check 404 Error
  • Spelling Check on the complete website
  • Check Site Loading Speed Time
  • Content feeding in website from admin panel
  • and many more....

Off Page Optimization covers below points;

• Search Engine Submission
  • Directory Submission
  • Social Bookmarking
  • Community Creation in Social Networking Sites (facebook, twitter, linkedin, google+, instagram, pinterest, etc...)
  • Blogging
  • Forum Postings
  • Photo Sharing
  • Video Promotions
  • Business Reviews
  • Local Listings & Yellow Pages
  • Article Submission
  • Press Release Promotion
  • Classifieds Submission
  • Social Shopping Network
  • and many more....

I hope these information will help you to understand Digital Marketing process.

I'll be more than happy to help you to figureout your Digital Marketing strategy.

Pleaes send me email to discuss your Digital Marketing Strategy, My Email: vishalpatel315@outlook.com

Cheers,

Vishal Patel

I am a Digital Marketing, Ecommerce & Website Consultant who has a track record of coming up with performance driven & audience winning strategies that increase ROI.
0 Likes
Tourist
12 0 2

Hi Davon,

1. Keep doing Facebook campaigns if they are successful.

2. Adwords is expensive, there are ways to reduce the spent on Adwords while keeping conversions stable. Keep trying!

3. Try out Instagram, Twitter, Youtube, and Pinterest. Note: Start doing PPC only if these sites are bringing relevant traffic to your site.

4. Start working on SEO and a blog.

6. Improve online presence of your facebook fan page and increase your followers organically.

Hope that helps!

- Katy

Account Coordinator @ ppctheory.com.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
53 0 3

Hi Davon!

Congratulations on your new venture! Marketing a website is probably one of the most challenging and at the same time, the most fullfilling. Paid advertisements are good but at the same time, you also needed to pour some effort on the free ones. Also, there are countless methods for promotion so diversify your traffic sources:

• Infographics
  • VIdeo
  • Classifieds
  • Forums
  • Q and A community
  • Blogging/Article Writing

Also in social media, you can establish your presence in more than 1 platform. Aside from Facebook, you can also setup a presence on Twitter. Is your website rich in images? Try also Instagram, Pinterest and niche social media like Manteresting and WeHeartIt.

Good luck!

0 Likes
Pathfinder
186 0 31

Hey Davon,

Brand Awareness Ads will definetely have more results than Conversion Ads. This is because in case of Awareness Ads result is basically the number of people who are likely to remeber you (also known as Recall lift) whereas for Conversion Ads result is number of people who are actually paying or adding products to their cart. A more clear comparison will be based on number of clicks. If you have more clicks on Brand awareness ads compared to Conversion Ads, in that case you can say that Awareness ads work for you.

Post engagement ads seem to perform better than Awareness campaigns unless your brand is very big. This will also help you in building a very qualified auidence.

You can take the following approach :-

1) The first step is driving traffic to your store. Generating content which may or may not be related to your products is going to help you a lot with driving traffic organically. Here are some cool ideas related to generating content.

Instagram is a platform you can leverage for driving traffic to your store. This is a platform where you can directly engage with your potential customers. Orangetwig's Instasuccess toolkit will help you with your instagram marketing

* With Research hashtag tool you can find the right hashtags for all your posts and reach out to your potential customers.
* Regram and comment with just a click to directly engage with the audience.
* You can have one clickable link instagram whereas with Orangetwig, you can make all your posts clickable and boost your sales.

Apart from that Post engagement Ads will also help you in getting leads

2) Once you have enough traffic (which also are qualifies leads), it is time to run conversion Ads. As you already have pixel on your website, you can form different custom audiences based on the activities (for example people who have added product to cart but not paid for it yet). You can run specific ads for specific audience. These Retargeting Ads show a very high conversion rate.

Hope this helps

Karan

For answers to more questions join seller success facebook group

Karan Jassar
Founder, https://Socioh.com
Make great ads for Free.
See demo with your store: https://socioh.com/demo?src=sig
Learn about ads here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/sellersuccess/?src=sig
0 Likes