Need help with TRAFFIC/SEO

Tourist
30 0 0

Hello all,

I've started a store not too long ago, It's very quiet at the moment and I'd like to gain some traffic.  Any tips and advice will help a bunch!

So far, I've written meta descriptions and titles etc, submitted my sitemap to google, alt texts, written blog posts and currently posting google ads.  I am still not ranking..What should my next step be?  My products aren't impulse items so going on social media might not be effective, correct me if I'm wrong I'm still learning:)

Thanks

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
28 1 8

Hello Ron!

If you don't mind, can you provide a link to your store so everyone can see what your products is?

It's true that social platforms like Facebook and Insta are good for impulse buy, but it does not mean they can't be used as a part of marketing campaign for planned purchasing. Typically they are used for retargeting people who have visited your site earlier.

As for traffic, ads is one the quickest (some even say most effective) at gaining visitor, but there are other sources that you can make use of. 

One of them being other Shopify stores. This is done by joining an ad exchange circle: by allowing other merchants to advertise their products on your website, you get to advertise on their site in return with no cost involved.

What makes this effective is the traffic is already of high quality – these are people willing to at least browsing store’s content so you don’t have to grab their attention from whatever they are doing and get them into the shopping mood. With the merchants I work with, they normally only need to reach 100 people to start getting clicks (as opposed to the 500 or 1000 reach on Facebook). 

There are apps do this for you and most of them come with free plan so you can try it out as long as you want. Instant Traffic, for example, is one that does this effectively.

Hope that helps!

Felicia Nguyen | Content Executive
Eggflow.com - Free-plan Shopify apps for increasing traffic and conversion.
Eggflow Fan page - Like us for our latest content and update.
My Quora page - Ask me anything!
1 Like
Tourist
30 0 0

Hello Felicia!

Really appreciate it for taking the time for a thorough reply!  The app is something new to me and I will definitely try it now!  Just one thing, where can i find ad circles?

Here's my store's website that me and my girlfriend started: https://www.lustdynasty.com/

Here's the homepage title and meta description:

Hair Removal & Skin Care Solutions! | SAVE 30% with FREE SHIPPING

-

You can Save on our Best Permanent Hair Removal devices instead of expensive laser treatments! We develop easy IPL (intense pulsed light) epilator handsets that works exactly like professional brazillian hair loss in clinics. Want smooth healthy skin, get rid of unwanted hair and Save thousands? Visit Us Online Now!

Narrow Niche i know, but let me know if I could improve on anything!

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
28 1 8

By using the app you also join ad circle, sorry if I was not clear enough. 

If you don't have an idea of what to do, I suggest googling your competitors and go to they website to see what kind of ads they run, and what content they create and how they market those content to attract leads (essential doing some detective work : ).  If they retarget on Facebook, you should see their ad on your newfeed later - or if they page are public, you can use the Facebook Ad library to see what kind of ads they run.

0 Likes
Tourist
30 0 0
I've tried it out for a couple days and it went well. Thanks for the recommendation! Still cant wait to make sales! One last thing, can you give me some honest feedback of my store:) i just wanna know what what works and what doesn't. Thank you once again!
0 Likes
Highlighted

You need to build traffic to your blog, there are two ways, you can do so organically or by paid ads. For example, for your business, you can run Facebook/Insta Ads to start generating leads immediatly. 

For organic results, start posting helpful resources, content etc. that can attract links and help make ur blog go viral. Need more help, lets discuss here

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
28 1 8

Hello again Ron.

I will just give my personal opinion so take it with a grain of salt :)

Homepage:

- I would make the "IPL permanent hair removal solution" more visible so that it's clear what your selling products are about

- The Black text on top of the product image makes it kind of hard to read, so you might want to change the image (move it to the left a little more, for example)

Product page:

- You might want to add some real-life images of the products, or a video of people using them.

1 Like
Tourist
30 0 0

Hello Felicia!

Thank you for the help it was amazing! i realized it's a lot of the things that I've neglected.  i will do my best to improve the store thanks once again!

0 Likes
Tourist
12 0 0

Thank you for sharing this 

Turn Your Idea Into a Website- Visit Ksoftcloud.com
0 Likes
3 0 0

Have you considered an Affiliate Programme? Its a quick way to connect with other websites that wish to advertise you/your products. They send traffic through and you make payment to the referring site on a commission only when there is a sale. We can help you and have a super quick way to integrate with your shopify store - feel free to email me michelle.osullivan@awin.com and we'll help you out. Also see more about Affiliate Marketing here: http://www.awin.com cheers :)

@Ron4674 wrote:

Hello all,

I've started a store not too long ago, It's very quiet at the moment and I'd like to gain some traffic.  Any tips and advice will help a bunch!

So far, I've written meta descriptions and titles etc, submitted my sitemap to google, alt texts, written blog posts and currently posting google ads.  I am still not ranking..What should my next step be?  My products aren't impulse items so going on social media might not be effective, correct me if I'm wrong I'm still learning:)

Thanks

0 Likes