New to Facebook Advertising

Highlighted
14 0 0

Hi there,

I'm beginning to run Facebook ads for my website. Unfortunately, I don't know what is the best way to get started after receiving many conflicting sources of information from other websites, so I figured this would be a more appropriate place.

I have tried running a website conversion ad yesterday but I would prefer a cheaper method with more results (CPM = $10 and I only got 2 clicks out of 200 impressions).

I cannot decide what type of ad to use. The strategy that I am about to take now is to start with PPE ads to get people to engage with my post and hopefully visit my website, then create a custom audience after a few days of data collection. (<- I can do all these, right?)

I need some advice!

Thanks!

This is my website: https://smartcomplement.com/

Please give me some tips on that too!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
13 0 0

Firstly make a page of your website then try to increase likes as much as you can. Then find the relevant groups and join them. Start Commenting in the groups those are relevant to your niche. Start posting your products in the groups on regular basis.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
58 0 11

Hey Daryl,

Who are you targeting with your facebook ads - Smart Complements should target office workers, men who are friends with people that are engaged, men who are getting married or like fashion blogs or fashion bloggers.

From there, once you get them into the funnel, you can start cross-selling other products.

Good luck,

Luis Morales - luis@luisemorales.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
150 0 14

Hi, Daryl.

This is Martha from the Shopify Team. 

I wanted to hop in and share some resources that I thought you might find helpful;

1. Chapter 25 - Advertise on Facebook is a section of the guide 50 Ways to Make Your First Sale
  2. An Introduction to Facebook Ads for Ecommerce is a blog post that might give you some more context.
  3. Kit is an app that helps you work within a budget and promote your shop and products on social media, including Facebook. It's kind of like a virtual marketing assistant!

Best of luck with your shop, and feel free to reach out over email (support@shopify.com) if you have any further questions!

Cheers, 
Martha

0 Likes
Highlighted
14 0 0

Hi everybody,

Thanks for the replies. I'll be sure to take your advice into account. Regarding audience targeting, should I only choose one group to target, for example men who are friends of people that are engaged, or select multiple target groups, while setting up my ad. 

Also, on my business' Facebook page, is it OK to post irrelevant content (such as news content unrelated to my website) just to get people commenting and following/liking my page? 

Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
42 0 6

Hi Daryl,

Since you are a beginner, I suggest that you run Ads with Awareness as the campaign objective.

These types of ads spread the word about a brand. This might not get as many conversions but will help you in long run. For e.g as you are selling ties, you can write a nice blog post about it with your plugin.

I understand you’re a busy seller and working on a blog post can take time. If you don’t want to spend time on a blog post, you can also run a brand ad with Awareness as an objective. The creative could be just your name with products in the background.

Once your audience is familiar with your brand, you can run campaigns with the objectives of clicks or conversions.

Regarding the metrics, you should focus on the CTR. Cost varies as per the quality of the audience (qualified audience may cost more sometimes since a lot of people are trying to advertise to them).

You can try and send people to your top selling product as well.

Meanwhile track your performance against various dimensions like device/geography/gender and age and remove the ones which are not performing well. Also try different interests related to your niche.

As far as testing is concerned, I'm saying all of this from experience. When we were running ads for OrangeTwig, we tested extensively for different audiences, creatives and copies. Although almost all articles out there say that short copy works better, for us, long copy consistently performed better. 

To get an idea of how the design and copy of Ad should be, visit the websites of your competitors and big brands in your niche. Almost all of them retarget. You’ll start seeing their ads in your feed. Take tips from those ads.

I hope this helps.

Akanksha 

https://goo.gl/iyAqha
0 Likes