No sell at all and a few visitors

Highlighted
9 0 0

Hello everybody,

I just finished my first dropshipping website, what an exciting adventure !

I’m selling clothes and shoes for baby and newborn.

I also started my Facebook manager account and launch my first publicity.

But I have some little problems : I got 50 visitors this week, but I don’t have any sell at all, people don’t even bother adding product to cart.

I have a price per click of 0,22€

I'm sorry, I have trouble uploading screenshot on the forum, but the visitors spend an average time of 3 min and visit 2,5 pages

So my question is :  why I have no sell ?

You can have a look at my website here (only in french) : https://www.mychild.fr

And my facebook ads, just paste on the facebook browser : MyChild, Vêtement pour Bébé (first page)

I will be really grateful if you can help me, thanks a lot !

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
301 0 40

Hey, Vincent!

Aria here, I'm on the Social Care team at Shopify.

Congratulations on launching your store! It takes a lot of work to even get to that stage and it's looking great. I particularly love your slider images.

When you build trust with your customers and drive more traffic to your store, the sales will come. I have a few suggestions to help you do that. Keep in mind a good conversion rate is between 2 and 4%. How many times do you complete a purchase the first time you browse a store? If you're anything like me, you will often browse stores to see what is out there and perhaps complete a purchase the next time you visit. For this reason, your potential customers need reminders.

Make sure your customers can sign up for your mailing list. If you go to Online Store > Themes > Customize > Footer, you should be able to switch on your sign up link which will look similar to this:

I would then recommend using an app to manage your email marketing to welcome new sign ups and customers and send them your latest news and special offers. Rare.io or Klaviyo could handle that for you.

Successful stores tend to also have Social Media pages such as Facebook and Instagram. You can link your pages to the footer of your store: Online Store > Themes > Customize > Theme Settings > Social Media. I would run a Like Campaign to get Facebook followers. It's worth waiting until you have at least 100 followers before running any other type of Facebook ads. Instagram is another great tool. Check out Instagram Marketing 101: Using Hashtags, Stories, and More to Grow Your Business and our free Instagram Marketing course on Shopify Academy. By building a following on your Social Media pages, you will have an audience to market your products to and it will also provide social proof for potential customers.

I would recommend using a professional looking logo, rather than just text:

If budget is an issue, you can create your own using Hatchful which is free.

One of the biggest things when it comes to building trust with your customers is the ease of getting in touch with you and receiving fast answers to their questions. It gives them confidence you will help if something goes wrong with their order. It's great you have included your email address on the store but I would suggest simplifying this by adding a Contact Form. Your customers can then message you directly from your store without opening their email account. I'm also a huge fan of the Facebook Messenger Channel. It can be used to sell more products and it's a quick, easy way for customers to reach out to you. You can answer on your phone when you're out and about. I actually haven't had any emails from potential customers yet on my own store. Everyone has chosen to reach me on Facebook Messenger or comment on one of my Instagram posts. Social is becoming increasingly important for business communication.

When it comes to your product images, I'd aim to have them all the same shape and size. Your website will flow better and look more professional:

This guide explains the ideal sizes. Normally square images are ideal but with the theme you're using, it looks like portrait orientation will work better, due to the shape around the images.

I would proof-read your store to double check all of the spelling and grammar. On your footer menu, Privacy Policy is all lower case and the other menus have capital letters at the start of each word. I would keep it consistent.

Your return policy states customers have 7 days to return items to you. Under EU law, they actually have 14 days. I would consider even extending that to 30 days. It gives people peace of mind and increases their confidence in completing the sale. I would make it clear when that period starts from too. It shouldn't start until they receive the item.

I'm happy to chat more about your marketing plan. Is it just Facebook ads you've been running? How have you been targeting the ads? It's worth experimenting with sending people directly to a product page, rather than your homepage.

Facebook groups can be a great resource as well (and free). Make sure you follow the rules of individual groups but if you join parenting groups, you could run a contest to drive traffic to your own Facebook Page and/or group. The bulk of my own sales have actually come from Facebook groups with Instagram a close second when it comes to driving traffic to my store. Both have been more successful than Facebook ads so far (although I will keep trying with the ads).

I'm excited to hear how you get on. Keep in touch!

Aria
Social Care Guru
Shopify

Aria, Social Care Guru, Shopify
0 Likes
9 0 0

Hello,

I took into consideration your advice, for the images I don't know why but I resized it on Shopify and with and external application but it doesn't change anything.

I create a logo to put on the front page.

But I have a problem with the image, it won't change anything even if I put 2048px for the height, it seems like it doesn't take into account.
Here is an example on this link, every picture is at 2048px in height : https://www.mychild.fr/collections/pour-mon-prince/products/barboteuse-stitch
Could you help me ? Thank you

0 Likes
3 0 0

Cute stuff, and you have an attractive website.  You have a limited humber of items that you're offering, which always makes it more difficult.  It sounds like people are visitng from Facebook, but then "window shopping," which suggests they weren't completely sold on the product but were interested in your line.  If expanding your product line is impossible right now, I'd focus on posting multiple images of the same product, and include as many "lifestyle" type photos as you can.  With Facebook ads, cast your net wide on your initial ad, then re-target people who clicked with a follow-up ad (https://www.facebook.com/business/learn/facebook-ads-pixel).  

0 Likes
8 0 0

Echoing these points made by Ian. If you're getting a lot of "window shopping" - one thing that could be a huge help is faceboook ads to continue to "warm up" your leads.

Another thing I'd look at is overall site design. Have you thought about trying A/B testing? Even small changes to pictures, etc can make a huge positive impact.

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
76 0 1

Hi Vincent,

Very nice looking store, I think you did a good job building it.

It might be that you're not advertising enough or not doing that correctly. I think generating relevant traffic is the number ONE problem of every new Ecommerce store. It's quite a complex mission to create good advertising campaigns on Google and Facebook, if you're not familiar enough with the options available or the relevant audinece for your store.

You might want to try AdScale to help you with your advertising campaigns. It's a Shopify app that automatically creates and manage advertising campaigns for your store, using advanced AI technology.

What's unique about this app is that it use insights from milions of active campaigns in order to create a very accurate audience targeting that is tailored to your store and products.

You can learn more about it in this link: ecom.adscale.com

Hope it helps!

Smart advertising campaigns across Google and Facebook, using advanced AI technology. https://ecom.adscale.com/shopify
0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
301 0 40

Hey, Vincent!

Aria again.

Your product images are different shapes. This means you'd need to crop them using photo editing software, prior to re-sizing them. There are a few different ways to do that but you can find some instructions for cropping photo's using a Mac in this guide and using Windows in this one.

An alternative would be to ask your supplier for more images.

Let me know how you get on.

Aria
Social Care Guru
Shopify

0 Likes
9 0 0

Hello Guys,

Thank you all for your suggestions, I took everything in account. And I made a lot of change. I download some counter app to create urgency, I create a wheel for new client to create their account so I can have their mail in exchange of some discount. For the picture, i didn't do it because it will take too much time.

I also start an advertising campaign, and I have a product that became successfull (+350 like) but unfortunately it is only like, I still have no traffic on my website. I don't know what I'm doing wrong but I have no sell and no traffic.

I run a like campaign on Facebook and it is growing well. I figured out that I have a lot of arab people (Algeria, Morocoo, Tunisia) that enjoys my product.

I don't really know what can I do next, I bought online class for dropshipping and it seems that some people have sell in the first week. I'm on my 6 weeks and still have nothing. If you can help me I would be grateful, let me know if you need any screen.

You can contact me by mail : tiengvincent1997gmail.com

Or by facebook : https://www.facebook.com/vincent.tieng.92

Here is my facebook page : https://www.facebook.com/MyChild-Vêtement-pour-Bébé-184812439121003/

And my store : www.mychild.fr

Thank you all

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
301 0 40

Hey, Vincent-tieng!

Aria here!

I can see you have made some improvements to your store, it is looking better for sure.

I understand you don't think the images sizes are important but I have to be honest, having the different shapes and sizes makes your site look unprofessional which decreases the likelihood someone will trust your store enough to place an order. I would highly recommend you work on that. If you don't want to do it yourself, you could consider hiring a Shopify Expert who specializes in smaller jobs, such as Hey Carson. I would also make sure your collections are balanced. It would be worthwhile filling these two spaces with other products:

As I mentioned before, perfecting your copy is important too. It might seem like a small thing but having 'Privacy Policy' all in lower case really stood out for me:

You've also got a space before a question mark after, 'Who Are We?' When you type things yourself, it's easier to miss the small mistakes. It's always worth getting someone else to go over your site carefully to find them.

I notice you still don't have your Social Media links in your footer. Having a Social Media following can help provide Social Proof.

You mention at the top you offer free delivery but you don't specify if it's for certain countries only or if shipping is free worldwide. I would make this clear. A well-written FAQ page can help answer any other questions your customer might have before placing an order. They will typically ask where their order is shipping from, which countries you ship to, how long shipping is likely to take, what happens if they are not satisfied with their order?

You can find examples of other stores on Shopify in this guide. Why don't you have a look to see what they are doing well.

When you're a new business, your customers need a reason to place an order, besides liking the product. They need to trust you.

How are you targeting your Facebook ads?

Aria
Social Care Guru
Shopify

0 Likes
9 0 0

Hello Aria,

Thank you for your feedback, I tried to correct some mistakes. I add the social proof as you recommended.
For the facebook targeting : I target people who speak french between 23-45 years old, they need to have interest in baby thing such as toys r us or something else, also need to be online buyer ect...

Any recommanation ?
Thank you

0 Likes