Optimising shop's pages for social media sharing (including SEO)

Highlighted
5 0 0

Hi

I am in the process of putting finisihing touches on my store. Beign the prefectionis that I am, I want everything to spot on.

Currently I am looking on how different pages will displayed when shared on social media. I know on most pages you can put in the meta descriptions, keywords etc. which will then display as the snipet when shared on for example on Facebook. However, I would like to have mroe controll over it, especally chosing which and how images/thumbnails are displayed. 

Is there an app that can help me with that? I

Thanks in advance for the answers.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
368 0 38

Hello Lech, Ben here - your Shopify Guru!

This is actually controlled by your themes social media tags in the product template. We have some documentation around how to control the images:

https://docs.shopify.com/manual/configuration/store-customization/social-media/facebook/why-do-i-not...

There is no app I know of that can help you change these tags acound. If you wanted to change the description you could look at storing the alternative description in a metafield attached to the product. Then you could call that description to be used as the property="og:description" tag content. 

If all this sounds complex, you could enlist the help of a Shopify Expert Developer.

I hope this helps! Feel free to reach out if you have any further questions :)

Cheers,
Ben C - Shopify Guru
Support@Shopify.com

0 Likes