PCIDSS and Shopify

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
39 0 6

I am approaching the end of my certificate and need to renew. Moved from Worldpay to Shopify recently and they did it all. What is the situation with Shopify? Is this done in-house or do we source a 3rd party?

Definition of Rugby - Do your best to kill the opponent with the ball then buy him a beer afterwards.
0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
524 1 68

Hey there!

I'm Alex, with the Shopify team!

No problem! Shopify complies with the highest level of PCI standards. I'd be happy to share our attestation of compliance with you - I'll reach out to you in an email with that certificate once I've posted this response, and if you have any questions about what you see there please do feel free to respond there!

Hope that's helped! Please feel free to let me know, and you can always give us a call or start a live chat at any time. We're open 24/7 for your convenience and always happy to assist!

Cheers,

Alex | Shopify

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
39 0 6

Am I right in reading that my website individually does not need to have a certificate? I have filled in an annual form since its inception.

Definition of Rugby - Do your best to kill the opponent with the ball then buy him a beer afterwards.
0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
524 1 68

Hey again!

That's correct! All stores on Shopify are automatically PCI compliant, and there isn't a need for an individual certificate - you can provide our PCI certification to any organization that needs evidence of compliance. There's more detail on that right over here.

Just let us know if you have any other questions about PCI, we'll be happy to help!

Cheers,

Alex | Shopify

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
39 0 6

Thanks - I'm stoked I don't have to do anything else.

0 Likes