Paid advertising success targeting brand names or not

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
30 0 1

When you have your own branded products how successful have you been with paid ads (Adwords, Bing) targeting competitor names vs generic names? What success have you had with conversion to sales? Sometimes the competitor product names get more search volume than generic terms so just wanting to get feedback.

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

All the advertisings are trageting on the brand names. While an avertisement is published or launched people does not check whwther it is a paid avertisement or an unpaid advertisement they are just forcing on your product. A good products brand name will get famous within a very short perios. So that I will say like targeting brand name with paid or unpaid advertise poeple noticing your product only,

[url=http://american-writers.org/] custom writings[/url]
0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

All the advertisings are trageting on the brand names. While an avertisement is published or launched people does not check whwther it is a paid avertisement or an unpaid advertisement they are just forcing on your product. A good products brand name will get famous within a very short perios. So that I will say like targeting brand name with paid or unpaid advertise poeple noticing your product only,

[url=http://american-writers.org/] custom writings[/url]
0 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
128 0 17

If my clients have <$500/day to spend on Adwords I keep them away from paid advertising.

Paid ads like Adwords, Facebook Ads, etc., simply don't work in my experience and when they do work the big brand you're targetting will simply drown your brand in paid ads unless your budget lets you keep up.

Social media strategies with high brand to user engagement work best. 

Scott Luscombe
www.makemyownproduct.com
scott@makemyownproduct.com
905-550-5023

Scott Luscombe www.thinksl.com scott@thinksl.com 905-550-5023
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
16 0 10

That can actually be a very profitable strategy beactive.

On Adwords, every advertiser (big brand or not) can only have 1 ad showing at any one time for a particular keyword. So if you know what you're doing you will NOT get drowned out. Even if they try to push the cost of that keyword up, again if you know what you're doing, you can beat them with better ads. Better and more relevant ads produce better ad performance, and Google rewards better ad performance with better ad placement and lower costs. Even if you want to sit in position 2 (and let the big brand spend too much money), you can also do well.

Be careful using other brands in your ads. You are allowed to do this, and you can also use their brand names on your website (with appropriate copyright attribution, etc. in some cases). But you cannot mislead the customer into your brand. That's illegal. For example, you cannot imply you are selling Brand X in your ad, but then land the customer on a page where all you are selling is your own brand. What you could do though, for example, is make a comparison to Brand X in your ad, and then sell your brand.

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
30 0 1

Thanks TIm, good feeback.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
30 0 1

Thanks Scott, good feedback.

0 Likes
Excursionist