Partnering

Corliss_Turner
23 0 0

Hello I haven't had many sales total of 9 and I have been on line since dec. 2015. I do get traffic and followers on social sites and have offerd free shipping and discounts as much as 40%. I was considering shutting down. I have been offered partnering with one of the experts associated with Shopify. The cost is a % of the profit with money upfront. They will handle the maketing and I handle Adminstration. My question is first has anyone every did this and what percentage is standard to offer. Are there any other suggestions or cautions I should be concerned about?

It has been explained to me once theproduct cost, marketing cost and operational cost is taking away then the remainder is profit and that is what the percentage is from. Be honest and direct. My site is Beautifuhairx.com

0 Likes
Jason
Shopify Expert
10292 145 1946

Be very cautious, and be sure to get a clear contract on what the expectations from each party are. Of course, I'm not even close to be able to give any form of legal advice (and doubt anyone else on the forum is either)

I have been offered partnering with one of the experts associated with Shopify.

Anyone can join the Shopify Partner program so do your due dilegence here. Not all experts are created equal with some having far more experience than others. Take the time to review their expert page (https://experts.shopify.com) and read any reviews that have been left. Visit the stores of those that have left reviews as well.

• How is the % of profit being worked out if paid up front?
  • How did the partnership offer come about in the first place?
I jump on these forums to help and share some insights. Not looking to be hired, and not looking for work.

Don't hand out staff invites or give admin password to forum members unless absolutely needed. In most cases the help you need can be handled without that.

★ http://freakdesign.com.au ★
0 Likes
Corliss_Turner
23 0 0

Hi Jason theres a FB seo group created by one of the apps founder. I been posting along with others questions. I was talking about shutting down and one of the experts said he was going to speak with CEO and he might want to partber. 

After getting no orders during this time I posted in group my intentions to shut down. Then the companies ceo contacted me offering to market and i handle Adm. Says no upfront money but when sales are made wants % of profit. After cost of goods, operational cost and marketing are taken remainder would be the profit and that's where he gets the %. 

Says first will revamp mysite and fix  seo on my pages. Will be working free until start receiving orders.

0 Likes
Asim_Arif
8 0 0

Hi,

Well - sometime, it happens that we don't keep our customers well informed about our new arrivals, latest promotions, discounts which is what becomes the main cause of low sale. 

Push notifications are something rapidly being used and appreciated by a lot Online Store owners to keep their customers up to date about their products. I would also suggest you to take a look on it as one of your marketing strategies.

Please see the attached image showing how your subscribers are gonna receive it on Real Time without any delay right on their computer screens :-)

Thank you!

https://www.sendmsgs.com
0 Likes
Lian
Tourist
18 0 1

What is the facebook group name? I would like to find a Partner too, searching how to do it.

Thanks.

0 Likes
Alasdair_Walker
Shopify Partner
101 0 15

I think partnering is actually a great idea, 

It takes away the stress and frustration of not being able to rank or get traffic and leave that with someone else who has a better skill set at that and lets you just work on growing your brand. 

I usually do partnering with clients on amazon, not Shopify, but I have had previous clients that I have work based on a monthly fee that have had Shopify stores.

So here's my speel,  I run it based on the average sales per month for the past 12 months but don't include November or December, as you always get a spike in sales then. ( if your product is good enough that is ;) ) 

Then for the first 3 months, I take 30% of the net profits, that are above the average of those 10 months sales. As this means I'm not cutting straight into your profits and allows me time to build the site traffic, then after those 3 months it becomes 25% of the whole month's net profit. 

But that's just how I run things. To me, the real beauty is that it acts as an incentive for me to work harder for you, because if you're not making money and growing, then I'm not either.  

If you want to find more about what I can bring to the table as a partner, then send me an email @ info@oceanoneseo.com 

Or if you just have questions regarding SEO, please just head over to www.oceanoneseo.com/ask-anything-seo and I'll answer it for you. :) 

Best, 

Alasdair

Google Partner

Digital Playmaker - Transforming Businesses

www.oceanoneseo.com

Ocean One SEO - Transforming Businesses - 1 to 1 Online Consulting Services Available. Check out the website for details.
0 Likes
Corliss_Turner
23 0 0

@ Alasdair and how do you handle someone who has only had 11 sales in 12 minths?

0 Likes
Bill_Vickers
Shopify Partner
28 0 1

Hi Corliss,

If you use discount codes to drive traffic to your store and convert shoppers into buyers, we will publish them for free on our website. There are NO FEES and NO COMMISSIONS. We are a fundraising site helping moms and dads raise more money for their kids' activities or their favorite causes. So I think it would be a perfect demographic for your store, and you'd be doing some good, too! If this sounds like your target market, let us introduce your awesome store to our folks... for FREE. Reach out and let's chat. I hope you have a prosperous day!

Bill

0 Likes
Alasdair_Walker
Shopify Partner
101 0 15

@Corliss Turner - I kick some serious ass for them online ;) ,

Would you like me to send you across a video analysis? I'll go over everything in it.

Drop me an email @ info@oceanoneseo.com if so. 

Alasdair

Ocean One SEO - Transforming Businesses - 1 to 1 Online Consulting Services Available. Check out the website for details.
0 Likes
Corliss_Turner
23 0 0

@Bill i would love to chat

0 Likes