Pay for advertising or more inventory?

Highlighted
14 0 0

Hello Shopify World! 

Calling all experts here, because I need some advice. 

I am having trouble running social media, more specifically, providing constant content every day! 

I like the idea of submitting pictures, but I find the pictures are just me a lot of time and that's starting to get boring. Another problem, I have not decided on a great way to run facebook and instagram stories. I want to avoid filling our stories with sales or product pictures. I would like a more personal feel just do not know how that will go over.

I do not know whether I should contribute more capital to increasing my inventory, or focus on selling my current load and spend more on advertising and influencers.

Thoughts?

- Johnny Zuniga 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
86 0 4

There's no right or wrong Johnny, increasing inventory or running ads.

Why not hedge your bets and do a bit of both.

Just an idea.

lawriesheridan101@gmail.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
14 0 0

Laurie,

Thats fair. I may just do that and see what happens. 

- Johnny

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
86 0 4

Good luck Johnny, I would also look at messenger marketing through fb, the reason I say fb is that they've got the audience.

The issue with social media as you've stated above is it's a constant drain on time as it's got to done so regularly, using messenger marketing dramatically increases your engagement as you're sending messages, text, audio, visual, to them directly so they're not having to visit your fb page. 

You don't need or want to send daily otherwise you'd p--s off your customers, but what you can do is alternate between offers and posts.

Tie this in to a loyalty/reward program and offer points for people to share, it could work.

Maybe worth thinking about.

Cheers

lawriesheridan101@gmail.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
97 0 2

Its really hard for someone that is managing/paying the Inventories to take care of social media too.  No matter what you'll do, you cant do it all, and there will be some compromise there.  Perhaps you'll allocate some budget to hire social media guy, at least for couple of hours a day? 

Good luck brand and Influencer heroes! – #DearMishuDad (Influencer contract template here: http://dearmishudad.com/influencer-agreement/)
0 Likes
Highlighted
14 0 0

DearMishuDad,

Do you have experience in out sourcing social media? Do you suggest any companies? Where do they draw their content and what do they use to post?

- Johnny 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
72 0 8

Hi Johnny. We hear this question all the time, so here's our advice:

Start with advertising. Ads are an easy way to increase traffic (even if they cost money), especially if you’re new. You have to make sure your targeting is correct though. The important thing is to focus on quality over quantity when it comes to traffic. I’d rather have 100 likely to buy visitors instead of 1,000 “window shopper” visitors.

Retargeting ads are also super awesome. Basically, they’re ads that show up on websites to people who have already visited your store. They’re a valuable addition to your marketing efforts if your targeting is nearly perfect. With a good combination of ads, you'll be able to get rid of your existing inventory, and be able to put the increased capital towards more inventory and ads in the future!

Hope this helps!

Put your Facebook Ads on Autopilot - http://gopollen.com
1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
3 0 1

I would try to sell of your current lot of product before spending more money on more inventory. As for your instagram content try to switch it up and post some niche related pictures that aren't product pictures/ads, people get tired of being sold to all the time and will engage more with some content that they enjoy.

Xponential Social Media Management - https://xponential.social - Let us grow your audience while you focus on your business.
1 Like
Highlighted
14 0 0

It does help, thank you so much. 
I am trying to focus on building great ads for targeting and others for dynamic targeting. 

Do you have any quick tips or any great articles that can give me insight?

0 Likes