Personalized upsell/cross-sell emails through MailChimp

1 0 0

I want to send automated cross-sell/upsell emails to customers with product recommendations that complement what they've already purchased. I'm using ShopSync to connect our Shopify Customers to our MailChimp account. We're using Shopify for transactional emails like Abandoned Cart and Order Confirmation, but I'd like to use MailChimp for our marketing-specific emails.

Has anyone accomplished this type of data sync between Shopify and MailChimp? There's essentially no help documentation for ShopSync, so beyond the standard sync that was performed when the app was first installed, I can't find any custom settings to map purchased product info to individual customer records so that we can dynamically serve up recommended product content in a MailChimp post-purchase automation.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
126 14 20

Hi, @saratheurer!

Julie, here from Shopify Support.

Including recommended products in your email campaigns is a great way to boost conversions and keep customers coming back. Taking a look at both these pages from ShopSync and Mailchimp, it does appear that you already have the ability to create an automation with recommended products based on a customer’s past purchase history. Mailchimp also has a help doc on how to create emails with personalized product recommendations you can check out here. However, if you are having troubles setting this up, then it may be worth reaching out to Mailchimp directly, or even getting in touch with ShopSync; you can actually find their contact information directly under the Support section of their app page here.

Alternatively, there is another app called SmartMail Email Marketing that integrates directly with Shopify without the need to use a connector app like ShopSync. This app also allows you to create automated product recommendation emails and it may be an option worth considering if you find that Mailchimp isn’t working for you. However, I strongly suggest first reaching out to Mailchimp, and perhaps ShopSync, directly as they will be able to walk you through the process of creating these types of emails. 

Other than email marketing, have you been promoting upsells or cross-sell products on your online store itself? There are actually quite of few upsell and cross-sell apps in our App Store I recommend checking out. A few popular ones include SMART Bundle Upsell, Discounted Upsells, and Bold Upsell. All three apps allow you to add upsell and cross-sell opportunities to specific products, giving customers the ability to add additional products to the cart at special prices. They also offer upsell and cross-sell options after the customer has checked out, displaying recommended products on the thank-you page. Best of all, these apps have great reviews and the developers offer excellent support should you ever require any assistance with them.

I hope this information helps! Let me know if you have any further questions.

Julie | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes