Pinterest Sharing Button on Debut Theme

Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 1

Hi,

I hope someone can help me with this. I would like to change our Pinterest sharing button from automatically selecting one image (ususally the first product image or blog post) to "any image" sharing - so that customers can choose which image they'd like to pin. 

We're using the Debut theme. This is the code for the current single image Pinterest sharing button:

{% if settings.share_pinterest %}
    <a target="_blank" href="//pinterest.com/pin/create/button/?url={{ shop.url | append: share_permalink }}&amp;media={{ share_image | img_url: '1024x1024' }}&amp;description={{ share_title | url_param_escape }}" class="btn btn--small btn--secondary btn--share share-pinterest" title="{{ 'general.social.alt_text.share_on_pinterest' | t }}">
      {% include 'icon-pinterest' %}
      <span class="share-title" aria-hidden="true">{{ 'general.social.share_on_pinterest' | t }}</span>
      <span class="visually-hidden">{{ 'general.social.alt_text.share_on_pinterest' | t }}</span>
    </a>
  {% endif %}

Any ideas how I can change that to make it an any image button?

I found this Pinterest button builder here: https://developers.pinterest.com/tools/widget-builder/? But that also changes what the button looks like which then looks odd next to the other social media buttons. So that didn't work for me unfortunately. 

Thanks in advance...

Bekka

0 Likes