Pivoting for last 30 days, changed my whole inventory, but still no sales?

3 0 0

Hi!

I first started a dropshipping business from Aliexpress, but then as it was taking too much shipping time and wasn't really giving any value to customers, I changed the whole store and introduced my own personal brand "stop complaining, start doing". I added a "Origins" page to tell the story from where this brand started from and on what basis. I did the influencers shoutout thing, and also targeted facebook and instagram marketing, but still no sales so far (except for the ones that I made myself to send that merch to the influencers). I'm still trying to get more traffic on my websites. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much.

Regards,

Saad

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
260 2 39

Hi, Saad!

Lisa here from the Shopify Support Team. 

Nice job on being persistent in your e-commerce journey! Before I give you some feedback, I'm going to link you this article, as it has some extremely valuable lessons in it: Ten Mistakes I Made Running Two Online Stores (And How You Can Avoid Them).

Now, for feedback on your new store! It's great you've added an Origins Page. Here are some additional pointers on how to optimize your about us page.  It's good to have a personal story in there, however, make sure you relate it back to the customer. What the customer can expect from your store and why your products are better than your competitors. 

For your Catalog, it's always useful to provide a drop-down menu for easy navagation. This will have your available collections in it. For example 'For Her' or 'For Him'.

To build trust with potential customers try adding a contact page so they know they can reach you if they need to. Here's a guide on how to add a contact page to your site. 

It's also important to generate a Privacy Policy, Terms of Service and Refund Policy. See this document here for how to add these pages to your site.

I hope this helps you with your new venture in e-commerce! 

Best of luck, 

- Lisa

Lisa | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
15 0 1

Hi Saad,

It can be extremely difficult to reroute your shop! Bravo on your persistence - you’re certainly taking the necessary steps and asking the right questions. Adding an Origins section to your site is a great start. Customers love to know the story behind your brand, however, there are other steps you can take to improve your sales. I’d like to offer some tips and advice that will further help you along the way:

Try out video ads

Video ads are on the rise! If you haven’t already, show your customers something new and engaging by providing a video ad on your site. Customers are 64% more likely to buy a product if they are shown an ad in video form. These ads deliver your message clearly to the customer - you can even incorporate your origin story to really engage your visitors!

Leverage your social media

Using social media to your advantage is an absolute no-brainer. Make sure you are active on sites like Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter and prominently display links to your social media at the top of your landing page. Advertising on these platforms will be your biggest asset, if you go about it correctly. I’d like to recommend an awesome Shopify app called Pollen (https://apps.shopify.com/poln) to help you meet your goals. Pollen specializes in making sure your ads are being seen by the right people. Their app enables you to acquire customers on Facebook and across the web simply and cost effectively. Through powerful automation, Pollen offers an easy-to-use marketing platform that’s sole expertise is in driving sales.

Email marketing   

Don’t underestimate the power of email marketing! Keep your brand fresh in the customers mind by sending them weekly emails reminding them of sales, new products, or special offers. Even though email marketing may not be the flashiest way of promoting your brand, it’s free (!) and extremely effective. Remember, even when customers are not browsing the web or on social media, they are likely still checking their email religiously.

Hopefully this helps! Good luck to you and your shop!

0 Likes
3 0 0

Thank you so much Lisa!! I really appreciate it. I would definitely take these steps, and will see how my potential market reacts to it

0 Likes
3 0 0

Thank you so much Grant for this great info! I will deff try videos too, and see how it goes. I totally agree with the social media and email marketing too, and I've been doing it too.

0 Likes
7 0 0

Google ads are great for getting traffic and sales if you do them right. What have you tried so far?

0 Likes