Please help! 1/10 Quality Score on Adwords. How can I imporve?

1 0 0

there's some great advice above but what everyone is lacking to tell you is the fact that you started off right away with 1/10 indicated your landing page doesn;t rank well for the keywords you are targeting.

so while you may target "blue shoes" "shoes that are blue" "i want blue shoes" "where can i buy blue shoes"

and your landing page has little mention of these keywords or has little well written content at all, this is why your score is so low.

i can see in your keywords/meta decription you dont even use the primary target keyword whihc seems ot be "led light bars" think about that for a minute

</title>

<meta name="description" content="Guaranteed genuine LEDs from best manufactuers like Cree, Osram and Phillips Lumileds. Built with high quality materials and the latest PCB electronics, they ar">
0 Likes
Tourist
18 0 1

Hi Steven,

my main advice at this stage is Don't panic! its likely that you simply haven't not given the site/ Adwords long enough to be properly assessed. You said that you just launched the website and presumably the  Google Adword campaign so its very likely that google will not have seen enough traffic to give it a proper score yet.

What Google tries to do first and formost is to ensure that someone performing a search gets relevent results back whether that is in its organic or paid search. In the case of Adwords It does that my examining the keywords or products that you are bidding on and cross referencing these to the content of the site that you are linking to. Its therefore essential that the keywords or products that you define in your Ads are included in the content of your page. All of the usual rules that apply to organic search optimization will apply to Paid ads, so you need to have original content, it needs to be consistent, title, description, image tags and copy all need to include you core keywords, you need to ensure that there isn't too much duplication within your pages so its no good having exactly the same copy for 3 products where the only difference is there size for example.

I think you say that you are using the catelgory page as your landing page for all your ads, this isn't generally a good idea as Google would prefer to see specific ads going to specific product pages, it will evaluate the quality of each Ad and its the landing page based on whether it can see a clear product title, description, price, even a returns policies, contact details, reviews etc. If you point to a collection it will see a variety of different product names, descriptions prices etc and it will not know which to match against your Adwords keywords, ad copy. There will also be a number of links to different product pages and not a clear call to action to purchase an individual product so its likely a customer may have to view several pages before placing an order which in googles opinion may not be the best user experience.

I noticed on you product pages your product description is is a tabbed box along with the delivery details etc. We have found that sometimes these are not idea as google does not index all the content within the tabs depending on what code you are using to display each tab. I'd also check the optimum length of your product titles, they seem quite long to be. 

As well as good SEO and careful biding strategies, we use the "Google Shopping" app on shopify, (its made by shopify and free) this add each of the products to the merchant centre and from there to Adwords. In fact with a straight  physical products sales we've found shopping campaigns much more effective than adwords. Increasing clickthroughs and conversions with a shopping campaign may also improve your rankings for keyword campaigns as well because the page itself will get a higher ranking. 

All in all I've found if you concentrate on ensuring that your store is a genguinely great shopping experience that customers will enjoy and want to come back to with well crafted product titles, descriptions and copy than it will score well in organic search and page ranking and that provided you match individual ads to individual product pages within adword they will also score well, as the click through rates, and conversions will reflect the quality of the site.

I would expect  it to take at least a couple of weeks before you start seeing those rankings going up, especially if your changing the site / ads regularly as your learn more - as you won't see the changes until the sites been re indexed.

Google have loads of advice on this online, i think they have a free training programme on adword called google garage as well as a stack of video on the subject on youtube. 

1 Like

Steven,

When driving traffic from Google Adwords the important thing to take a look as above guys mentioned is the landing page. With the rich content landing page (collection or product page) and optimized for SEO. You can take at look at Backlinko SEO ONSite optimization for reference. 

So with building the additional content to collection or product page you could consider using the PageFly Shopify page builder app. It's SEO supported with page title, meta description and URL. After you finish building the landing page use Google fetch function. It'll help you check how Google see your webpage.

PageFly - CRO Solution for your Store. TOP 15 Best Apps in All Apps Category - https://apps.shopify.com/pagefly
0 Likes
1 0 1

I have been using https://apps.shopify.com/cobiro and around 90% of my quality score is 8 or higher.

Works really well. It also adjusts the bids for me.

1 Like
3 0 0

how can we get the 75$ credit in adwords 

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

hoow can we remove the "powered by shopify"?

0 Likes
Tourist
18 0 1

Hi Leo, i think this might be what you are looking for https://help.shopify.com/themes/customization/store/remove-powered-by-shopify-message

With regard to the Google Adwords voucher just search on google Ad words voucher and enter the code in the Adwords console, unfortunately it only applies to new accounds that have not used a google code on their account previously.

0 Likes
3 0 0

Hi Steven,

I just came across your post, it's a year on, how are your AdWords going now? I see you have a Google remarketing tag and Facebook pixel so I guess you're using those. 

By now you'll know lots more about AdWords and the quality score. Adwords is very complex when you start, but for the right business, search ads can work really well.

Facebook ads might work well too, they probably have the right kind of targeting for your business, also the Google Display Network might work for targeting, not just remarketing. You can trial these at a low cost. 

Let me know if you're still having issues with AdWords or would like more info on list building or messenger marketing bots or anything mentioned here.

I noticed that you're not using an email opt-in.

I'm sure you know how good Facebook Groups can be for a business like yours; using a lead magnet there could work very well. A friend of mine ran a simple survey in a Facebook group and got 800 emails in  few days, all potential customers. It worked because the people in the group were passionate about their shared interest. 

Cheers

Rob 

0 Likes
14 0 0

Structure your campaigns into smaller yet targeted ad groups.

0 Likes
Tourist
11 0 2

Optimize keywords ad copy.

0 Likes