Poor conversions - using influencers, OrangeTwig - jewelry

Caroline_Brookf
Excursionist
23 0 4

Hello Shopify users

I am inspired by all the helpful comments on other poasts, and hoped someone might be able to offer some on my site.  I sell snap jewelry. It does not convert well online at all.  I have traffic but not many conversions. I've tried some FB ads with traffic but no conversions.  I have had two bloggers feature my jewelry - some add to carts but no sales.  I do sell the jewelry in person and I have some followers.  I also have resellers so a lot of my sales are these customers right now.

I am wondering if there is a fatal flaw on my site.  I have tried to explain the jewelry - as it is a pretty new concept - but rising fast.  My target customer (ideal customer) is often older, age 45+ so maybe this is the problem?  Not shopping online?  I'm starting with OrangeTwig which seems helpful but I'm not sure how to use it properly (I just read about their testimonial feature so thinking that might be next to try)

Does it make sense as to what the product is?

Does it interest you to purchase?

Is it too complex (i.e. you have to select a base necklace or bracelet and then select medallions separately).

Is there too much choice?

Thanks so much for your ideas

I have attached my traffic snapshot for past 30d.  And Google analytics

0 Likes
Katherine
Shopify Partner
5 0 1

Hi Caroline!

I have a couple of quick thoughts for you right off the bat. If people are unfamiliar with what "snap" jewelry is, you might consider using the word "interchangeable" or something that is more descriptive in your shop headline. "Connect to What's Important" and "Anchor Your Happiness" while nice, doesn't tell me immediately what the benefit of your product is, which seems to be that I can create lots of different designs with just a few purchases. You explain this in the video, but if people don't watch the video, that's not clear. I think you should make the benefit clear in your shop's headline. "Beautiful, interchangeable jewelry that expresses what's really important to you...." or something.

The second section on your homepage, which contains your video and some copy on the left ("STOP buying boring jewelry.  We have interchangeable, beautiful and customizable designs"), isn't doing a great job of selling the product. While I love your video set-up (nice setting, cute dog, etc.), if you're selling jewelry, we don't actually SEE the jewelry up close until almost a minute in to the video.

Last thing I noticed right away is your Instagram profile. I would think Instagram would be an important channel for you to drive traffic, espeically if you're using influencers, but your username is yoshibelladog and the first 12 photos in your grid don't clearly explain to me that you're selling jewelry (not dog collar accessories?) or if you are selling jewelry, what that jewelry looks like and how the different combos can come together.

I think overall the shop is a great concept — you just might want someone with an outside eye to help you look at how you're explaining and marketing your product so you can increase conversions with the marketing work you're already doing.

0 Likes
Caroline_Brookf
Excursionist
23 0 4

Thanks Katherine great feedback.  I recently changed the headline on the website from Beautiful Interchangeable Jewelry to try to appeal to a more emotional decision.  Maybe worth changing it back. 

I agree on the IG profile - it is Yoshibelladog because the company is named after my cute dog :-) and yoshibella wasn't availalbe. maybe yoshibellajewelry would be better...? I would have to find out the logistics of changing my name etc.

Thanks again, I'll take a closer look at the comments to try to make my USP and my product clearer.

0 Likes
Katherine
Shopify Partner
5 0 1

I think yoshibellajewelry would be a much better Instagram name, and changing your name on Instagram is pretty easy. I've done it a few times. 

0 Likes
Karan_Jassar
Pathfinder
186 0 31

Hi Caroline,

Thanks for trying OrangeTwig. Please share any feedback regarding the tool with me - good or bad. We'll do our best to address it. You can also email me at karan@orng.es anytime you need any help.

I took a brief look at the Google analytics screenshots and there are definitely bright spots there. I'm out of office right now but will take a more detailed look at your shop, social media, SEO etc & get back to you.

Regarding "I'm starting with OrangeTwig which seems helpful but I'm not sure how to use it properly" -please feel free to contact us from inside the app for any specific questions that you may have. Below are some quick tips:

Instagram:

One problem that I see is that your Instagram bio link leads to your blog and not your shop. On mobile, that's an issue. Each post should lead to the product that is featured so potential buyers don't have to search on mobile to buy. Have you tried OrangeTwig's clickable posts for Instagram to address this?

Another issue is hashtags. You should be using all 30 but more importantly, these need to be suitable for your business and niche and you need to research them. Did you look at our hashtag research tool? This will help find the best hashtags and organize them into lists. We recommend having 60+ hashtags in multiple lists and mixing and matching them with each post.

Then there's the easy engagement tool that helps grow your Instagram following in a very targeted manner by engaging with your potential customers. The best part is that the tool is Instagram approved and respects their terms of service (unlike many bot programs) so no risk of account getting suspended. Fyi, you can also regram from within OrangeTwig.

Facebook: We are launching a new tool to sell via messenger. Check it out and let us know if you'd like to participate in the beta program. Do try the reviews feature on Facebook and make sure you showcase customer's love and testimonials with each post. Use the post editor to make your posts shine. Reviews go a long way in establishing trust. I would recommend pinning a Review post on top of Twitter feed.

FYI: I noticed that your site's Pinterest link is broken. 

Please let us know if you have any specific questions regarding OrangeTwig. We are here to help.

-Karan

OrangeTwig - Automates social media for Shopify sellers.

Karan Jassar
Founder, https://Socioh.com
Make great ads for Free.
See demo with your store: https://socioh.com/demo?src=sig
Learn about ads here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/sellersuccess/?src=sig
0 Likes
Caroline_Brookf
Excursionist
23 0 4

Thanks, I changed it and it was super easy!! 

I wonder if I could do the same for Twitter?!

0 Likes
Caroline_Brookf
Excursionist
23 0 4

Thanks Karan 
Great tips. I will review in more detail. I have been happy with Orange Twig so far just haven't had the time to explore fully.

I would love to connect more - Good news I  have a marketing student starting for 9 weeks soon so figuring this out will be their first priority!

I havent' found the hashtag research helpful - unless I"m using it wrong.  I have been using riteforge and it gives me ideas of which hashtags to use and the popularity vs. just general linked hashtags  on your tool (but doesnt' tell me engagement)

Caroline

0 Likes
Caroline_Brookf
Excursionist
23 0 4

PS I need these clickable instagram posts!!!! Like, NOW!! lol

Caroline_Brookf
Excursionist
23 0 4

Hi Karan,

Thanks for the tips.  Were you going to get back to me on here or via email?
Thanks again, I was disappointed that the clickable posts were only for the pro version. 

"I took a brief look at the Google analytics screenshots and there are definitely bright spots there. I'm out of office right now but will take a more detailed look at your shop, social media, SEO etc & get back to you."

0 Likes
AnnaBijou
Excursionist
37 0 9

Hi Caroline,

Your products are so unique.  I suggest this Jewelry specific app ( https://apps.shopify.com/jewelry-store ) to help you reach more retailers. It will connect you to new Shopify stores so that you can upload your products onto their sites. 

0 Likes