Problem with Facebook Pixel / Shopify

Highlighted
9 0 0

Hey there!

We stumbled upon a problem with Shopify and Facebook Dynamic Product Ads.

We set up the Facebook Pixel in the Shopify settings and checked it via the Pixel helper. It seems that everything works fine. The pixel fires on the given events (pageview, viewcontent, addtocart, purchase,.. ) and the fired values in EUR are correct.

However:

We recently set up a retargeting campaign (dynamic product ad on custom audience) on Facebook. We used the product feed app Flexify that worked pretty well. All products in the product catalog are shown correctly (correct prices, images,..) on Facebook.

We now run a retargeting campaign since 14 days and the results are really good. But when we checked the campaign we saw that Facebook showed conversions (purchases) that did not happen.

For example: Facebook says we sold 2 pcs of product (Purchase event!) X in the last two weeks. But when we dig in our Shopify reports we found out that this specific product hasn't been sold in the given time. Also some other products are shown with wrong conversion values, it looks like Facebook mixed the prices and purchase numbers between products up. 

Any ideas how we can solve this?

Best,

Hannes

www.takeashot.de

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
39 0 11

My name is Pavel, I’m with retargetapp.com  (we’re managing and optimising dynamic retargeting campaigns for Shopifyers)
I’d like to explain you the way Facebook attributes conversions:

Facebook doesn’t count your actual “Purchases”. The products stated in Facebook report are not compulsory the products which were purchased, rather they are the products which were clicked on, and brought a conversion to your site. However, the  price of the purchased product (see the Website Purchases Conversion Value column in the report) is stated correctly.

Example: If someone clicked on your retargeting Ad that displayed product “A”, but purchased product “B”, in  Facebook report you’ll find conversion (Purchase) of product “A”, but with the value of product “B”.

Here is more info: https://www.facebook.com/business/help/458681590974355

So, there is no problem with your reports.

1 Like
Highlighted
32 0 0

Hello, 

Have you installed Trackify X? NO? I am sorry you are missing out a lot. Trackify X is an all-in-one Facebook Pixel app that is designed to help Shopify store owners painlessly integrate multiple facebook pixels, measure custom pixel events, and optimize them for more conversions.

A data-based platform designed to help you run better ad campaigns, increase your ROI, and leverage all that information to take your advertising game to the next level.

Create catalogs and which automatically syncs with event data on a daily basis which then can be used for Facebook retargeting ads (DPA). 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Hello.
My name is Romchy, I am with the support of Shopify Product-Feed. This is a service that will solve your tasks of synchronizing your shop Shopify with advertising services Facebook Shopping, Google Merchant Center aka Google Shopping, Instagram Shopping, Yottos AdLoad, Pinterest.

In this case, only counting offline conversions will help!

You can take Product-feed from Shopify Product-Feed - Facebook Google
A discrepancy in real events can be achieved using offline conversions, read more here:

https://www.facebook.com/business/help/1142103235885551?id=565900110447546

★ Did my post help? If yes, then please like and accept solution. ★

romchy | Application consultant
Feed Product

→ Ask to launch an effective advertising campaign @ Write to WhatsApp 
→ Get Free Guides for Store Sync @ Shopify Feed Product Help Center

→ or Video Help Center Shopify Feed Product
→ Want to get new features? Add Feed product app to your store @ Add app Feed product

0 Likes