Problems linking to Facebook

Tourist
51 0 1

Hi, 

When I try to link Shopify to my Facebook business account, it instead links to my personal account.  How can I change this?  I have spent hours trying to work it out...

Many thanks,

Samantha

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
102 0 11

Hi Samantha,

Maggie here, Shopify Guru. :)

Great question! I can see why this would be confusing. Because Facebook business pages can't exist without personal Facebook accounts attached to them to manage them, we need to connect to your personal Facebook account in order to have the permissions to manage the pages you manage. I tested this out on my own account, and it should indeed ask to connect to your personal account that is attached to your business page, and it will also show you this prompt after you click "Connect".

If you mean that it's the wrong personal account page (ie if you have a unique Facebook profile that you run your business page from), then you may need to try to make the Shopify > Facebook connection while being logged into that specific account. Either way, you should see the Facebook channel trying to connect to the account you're currently logged into and that manages your business page! 

I hope this helps! You can contact support 24/7 if you have any more questions!

Maggie M | Shopify

0 Likes
Tourist
51 0 1

Thanks Maggie.  I have now linked IG to my business FB account and enabled 'Post to Facebook' but it does not seem to be working.  None of my subsequent IG posts are posting to FB.  Any idea why?  Thanks.

0 Likes
Tourist
3 0 1

Hi there i'm having an issue connecting to facebook as well; after I select my facebook business page which i am an admin for, i select "accept terms," the box does not minimize no matter how many times you click it. i've made sure i'm not forgetting to check a box or anything. I've tried emailing support and I think they're assuming i'm an invalid with computers. Any advice for me?  Support code: 12208715

1 Like
1 0 0

Did you sort this? I'm having the same trouble, click on accept terms but the box just stays?

0 Likes
Tourist
3 0 1
Facebook connection has still never worked and support has said they have not found a solution to the problems I am having connecting and keeping the Facebook connected. However the problem you are talking about I had fixed by switching from safari to chrome and trying again.
0 Likes
1 0 0

Suddenly my facebook connection stopped working after working fine for 2 weeks with zero changes on my end. I continue to get the message:

Could not link Shopify to Facebook
You may not be connected to the network or we could not establish with our server. Check your connection and try again later.
I have tried relinking over and over again. Absolutely nothing has changed on my end nor am I selling different products.
0 Likes
1 0 0

Hi I have the same problem.

After few month trying to sell my products on Instagram I finally made it. When I added some new products on my Shopify, they didn't appeared on Facebook and obviously neither on instagram. So Shopify support told me to try to cancel my FB sale channel from my Shopify account, I did it and now I can't reconnect. I can't flag the voice "Manage my page". The final error is "please approve all required permissions". I really don't know what to do anymore.

0 Likes
Tourist
5 0 5

For all who are having issues connecting their Shopify Shop to Facebook - I like to suggest that you stop trying and explore other alternative.

I've been having the same issues as the rest for weeks and I've finally managed to fix it.

Here are some of the steps to help you all:

1. Login into your Facebook Business Manager, and navigate to Catalogue Manager

If you previously had it working and now stop working. You should have some redundant catalogue lying around.

First remove any existing catalogue that you have.

2. Once you've removed all the Catalogue, begin to create a catalogue and go through all the steps required. Bear in mind, you will need to have a product feed for this. I used Facebook Product Feed (Flexify) for this and schedule feed refresh once a day. 

Once you've done that, go back to your Facebook Page - Setup your shop section. 

And it should be fixed. 

This implementation is to fix Facebook Shop & Instagram Shop by using a manual product feed instead of the existing Shopify Integration that doesnt work and trust me, i've gone through all the steps everyone + support has advised 

3 Likes
2 0 1

I too have no luck connecting facebook - am I to also understand that if you can't connect it you have to manually set up a shop as well as your shopify store? surely not !!! 

1 Like