Tourist
7 0 1

oups, wrong one. Here is the second one

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
27 0 1

Hi Jason

I have just been reading what you have said about having 'collections' in the URL.  I have no idea how I can remove this and perhaps thats why I am not being seen on search engines

All advise is appreciated as learning as I go along on how to program my website so that it does what its supposed too

This is one of my products: http://fabtasticflowers.com/collections/flower-headpieces/products/red-poppy-hair-clip

It would be nice if there was a way to remove the Collections section without effecting the website unless its in a good way

Thanks

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
52 0 1

Thanks for sharing your comments. But, according to me, you need to take a look over the YouTube, where every step is well explained. So, it is the best way to get information about your query and can fix in an easier way.

http://nationkart.com/
0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

Thank you all for the answers. Though i have never experienced anything of this sort yet all the replies would be helpful in day to day work.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 1

Hi there,

I am replying to this post because I have the same issues as Le Lapin Blanc:

Some pages of my website are still indexed, and even showing on page 1 of the SERP for some queries, whereas they should not if the canonicals were working:

www.flowershopflorist.nz/collections/thank-you-flowers?page=2
www.flowershopflorist.nz/collections/thank-you?page=2

The only page that should be indexed is :
www.flowershopflorist.nz/collections/thank-you-flowers

I have successfully submitted my Sitemap several times, no errors. I have done a Fetch as Google of my website also recently.

Can you please advise why Google is still indexing and showing those pages, and how to fix the issue?

Thanks

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
22 0 5

it seems this problem is still happening 5 years later. the thing with google is that it takes a long time to index a website (weeks or months) depending on website content and you'll find old urls still present because the update is just as slow. the problem with shopify website is that the products have 2 links one with example.com/products/xxporducturlxx/ the other is example.com/collections/xxcategoryxx/products/xxproducturlxx/  when browsing the website i get the collection version of the product url when clicking on a product link within an app like (bought together app) i get the normal first producturl above. this is very bad for search engines since its duplicate content and waste of traffic to the product url. can you kindly fix this ? so that only 1 version (the first version) is active and not the collections version ? i know google considers this duplicate content. the shopify robots.txt prevents collections version of product url from being indexed, but yet all browsing in the website is through this version of url which milks out the traffic.  

0 Likes