Product titles and search engine listing preview (SEO help)

ALCHEMICHJam
Tourist
38 0 2

Hi all, 

I have a question regarding the product title and search engine listing previews.

For my product title, I have include a string of keywords. I have also copy pasted this title into the first line in the "Edit website SEO" option for that product. 

My question is the following...

Would you be penalized for doing this?

0 Likes
Technokrats_Suj
Excursionist
11 1 1

I am not sure about search engines but it will not look pretty (read clickable) for users who will see the search engine results page.

So your title should show a glimpse of your product and call to action so the user clicks on it while he sees it on SERP.

Eg: Buy + product name + keyword + Free shipping etc.

0 Likes
Matt116
20 0 0

Hi (again) Charla!

I mentioned the free tool Experimizer (https://apps.shopify.com/experimizer) in another thread where you posted some SEO questions but wanted to let you know that we can also handle issues like this automatically for you too 

It seems like you're spending a lot of time working on the SEO and Social for your site.If you're interesting in letting Experimizer take care of this for you so you can spend more time on the business let me know. I'm happy to help. 

-Matt

0 Likes
Thomas_Carey
Shopify Partner
107 0 4

I definately agree with Charla Dag. 

The keyword used in your product title should only be associated with the product you are trying to sell. 

Stuffing keywords into your product title to try to increase SEO will hurt you. 

For example:

A product title of "Buy Red Folding Chairs--Click Here" would be much better than

"Buy Red Folding Chair, Fold Chair Folding Chairs--Click Here"

Thanks,

Thomas Carey

CEO at FullTurnMarketing.com

#1 FREE Website and SEO Analysis --> CLICK HERE

Need SEO and Sales? --> CLICK HERE

Need some online marketing? Contact me at http://www.fullturnmarketing.com and we can help you get the traffic and sales you deserve.
ALCHEMICHJam
Tourist
38 0 2

Great, thanks!

0 Likes