Purchase Event missing some Deduplication Parameters for FB Pixel

GlitchGator
Excursionist
13 0 7

I've integrated my FB pixel through Shopify and haven't done any manual edits. I use 'maximum' for customer data sharing options, which I know uses the conversion API. However, I don't know why it still runs into a deduplication error (I've also noticed this during my campaigns). To fix it, FB recommends:

"Add an event_id parameter to all Purchase events that you're sending from both your pixel and the Conversions API. To add an event_id parameter to the events you're sending through the Conversions API, you can use the Payload Helper tool on the Facebook for Developers site to validate that your payload is set up correctly. To add an event_id parameter to the events you're sending through your pixel, go into your website's source code and add an event_id parameter to each of your Purchase event instances."

I'm not technical enough to do this. Is there another way I can keep the maximum customer data sharing option and fix this issue? Or can I find someone able to do this?

Thanks!

RKT
Tourist
7 0 6

I got the same problem since 2 days. I have the same configuration as you, Maximum data shared etc... If someone knows how to fix it ? Please help us!

Fb request us to do this but how can you that if we are not a developer ? Add an event_id parameter to all Purchase events that you're sending from both your pixel and the Conversions API. To add an event_id parameter to the events you're sending through the Conversions API, you can use the Payload Helper tool on the Facebook for Developers site to validate that your payload is set up correctly. To add an event_id parameter to the events you're sending through your pixel, go into your website's source code and add an event_id parameter to each of your Purchase event instances.

filipcibicek
Excursionist
15 0 4

Same thing here and i read up every article, checked every setting and contacted both shopify and facebook about this, yet no one helps.

RKT
Tourist
7 0 6
Same I ask FB and Shopify support no one helps. I ask for my theme support
some help. Waiting for a response.
I suggest you check with your dev or theme support. Anyway good luck in
your search man, I know it's not easy...
RKT
Tourist
7 0 6
Same I ask FB and Shopify support no one helps. I ask for my theme support some help. Waiting for a response.
I suggest you check with your dev or theme support. Anyway good luck in your search man, I know it's not easy...
filipcibicek
Excursionist
15 0 4

please let me know if you get this issue resolved

0 Likes
RKT
Tourist
7 0 6
Yes sure!
Lubo
2 0 1

I have a similar problem. Can some help?

"Your server is sending the event_id parameter for your PageView event inside the custom_data field of your payload. Event_id is invalid unless it's sent as a top level data field, in the same section as your event name.
This may cause issues with the attribution and delivery optimization of any ad campaigns optimizing for this event."

171219434_252967769894563_3941466249737872933_n.png

filipcibicek
Excursionist
15 0 4

I have also had this error message. If you are not running page view campaigns it doesn't matter I think

0 Likes
Fromanteel_Watc
1 0 1
Dito, I've seen this message on 2 of my stores:

Your server is sending the event_id parameter for your PageView event inside the custom_data field of your payload. Event_id is invalid unless it's sent as a top level data field, in the same section as your event name.

This may cause issues with the attribution and delivery optimization of any ad campaigns optimizing for this event.