Purchase Event missing some Deduplication Parameters for FB Pixel

GlitchGator
Excursionist
13 0 10

I've integrated my FB pixel through Shopify and haven't done any manual edits. I use 'maximum' for customer data sharing options, which I know uses the conversion API. However, I don't know why it still runs into a deduplication error (I've also noticed this during my campaigns). To fix it, FB recommends:

"Add an event_id parameter to all Purchase events that you're sending from both your pixel and the Conversions API. To add an event_id parameter to the events you're sending through the Conversions API, you can use the Payload Helper tool on the Facebook for Developers site to validate that your payload is set up correctly. To add an event_id parameter to the events you're sending through your pixel, go into your website's source code and add an event_id parameter to each of your Purchase event instances."

I'm not technical enough to do this. Is there another way I can keep the maximum customer data sharing option and fix this issue? Or can I find someone able to do this?

Thanks!

Replies 56 (56)

RKT
Tourist
7 0 11

I got the same problem since 2 days. I have the same configuration as you, Maximum data shared etc... If someone knows how to fix it ? Please help us!

Fb request us to do this but how can you that if we are not a developer ? Add an event_id parameter to all Purchase events that you're sending from both your pixel and the Conversions API. To add an event_id parameter to the events you're sending through the Conversions API, you can use the Payload Helper tool on the Facebook for Developers site to validate that your payload is set up correctly. To add an event_id parameter to the events you're sending through your pixel, go into your website's source code and add an event_id parameter to each of your Purchase event instances.

filipcibicek
Excursionist
23 0 11

Same thing here and i read up every article, checked every setting and contacted both shopify and facebook about this, yet no one helps.

RKT
Tourist
7 0 11
Same I ask FB and Shopify support no one helps. I ask for my theme support
some help. Waiting for a response.
I suggest you check with your dev or theme support. Anyway good luck in
your search man, I know it's not easy...
RKT
Tourist
7 0 11
Same I ask FB and Shopify support no one helps. I ask for my theme support some help. Waiting for a response.
I suggest you check with your dev or theme support. Anyway good luck in your search man, I know it's not easy...
filipcibicek
Excursionist
23 0 11

please let me know if you get this issue resolved

RKT
Tourist
7 0 11
Yes sure!
Sam149
Visitor
1 0 2

Hi, Did you find a solution to the problem?

RKT
Tourist
7 0 11
Hi! Didn't find a solution but I don't have any errors anymore.
That's crazy, because Facebook, Shopify or my theme support don't have any
solution... As I don't have a lot of traffics these days on my website, I
don't know if it's related or no.
Maybe it is Facebook Ads new rules I don't know... Do you have some news on
your side ?
filipcibicek
Excursionist
23 0 11

not solved as my sales are still not being attributed properly

it's probably gone because you don't have a big volume. I hit ignore and it hasn't popped up for me yet, but I am expecting it will. Anyway im **bleep** pissed, it's so difficult to run facebook ads when they punish me for having 'low conversions' when they cant even **bleep** see the conversion i do have lmao

RKT
Tourist
7 0 11
I feel you. Everyday life of an entrepreneur I guess.
I expect to get more traffic in the coming days and weeks, I will tell you
if something changes.
I wish you good luck in your search and business. See you later!
Lubo
Tourist
4 0 3

I received a new version of my theme (wokiee-v-2-0-4) and after installing it, the problem was solved. 

So probably the change of conditions iPhone / FB concerns the work of the themes.

RKT
Tourist
7 0 11
I also put an update on my theme. Let's check in the time if it still works.
Yeah probably the last changes on iphone FB rules.
Sarah-Botra
Visitor
1 0 0

Bonjour, j'ai exactement le même message d'erreur que vous, avez vous pu résoudre votre problème ?

Merci d'avance

Lubo
Tourist
4 0 3

I have a similar problem. Can some help?

"Your server is sending the event_id parameter for your PageView event inside the custom_data field of your payload. Event_id is invalid unless it's sent as a top level data field, in the same section as your event name.
This may cause issues with the attribution and delivery optimization of any ad campaigns optimizing for this event."

171219434_252967769894563_3941466249737872933_n.png

filipcibicek
Excursionist
23 0 11

I have also had this error message. If you are not running page view campaigns it doesn't matter I think

Fromanteel_Watc
Visitor
1 0 2
Dito, I've seen this message on 2 of my stores:

Your server is sending the event_id parameter for your PageView event inside the custom_data field of your payload. Event_id is invalid unless it's sent as a top level data field, in the same section as your event name.

This may cause issues with the attribution and delivery optimization of any ad campaigns optimizing for this event.
Josh_Uebergang
Shopify Expert
1012 43 268

Can you share the URL for the pageview where this has occurred? That will help review the event code and parameters sent to Facebook so we can see what you're referring to.

Run Google Shopping ads? Get the free definitive guide to Google Shopping for Shopify (no optin required): https://www.digitaldarts.com.au/google-shopping

misterjezmond
Visitor
2 0 0

Check this out:

https://roiswift.com/tag/shopify/

I basically removed the pixel from the preferences of the theme as I have the pixel set up through the Facebook sales channel and seems to have fixed it.

radhi2016
Tourist
3 0 1

Have you fixed the issue? I got the same

filipcibicek
Excursionist
23 0 11
okimaslatt
6 0 0

this just started happening to me too.. any solutions?

glass-skin
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi! Were you able to fix the issue?

MikeWidgetWares
Tourist
5 0 2

Started happening to me six days ago. I contacted Facebook support on the 19th, and have not heard back after they requested permission to log into my account to investigate further.  I just got off a chat with Shopify support where they redirected me to Facebook stating: "Shopify does not support GTM Integrations and event ID is not available in the Facebook channel."  I run two Shopify stores, and only one is impacted.  Both setup exactly the same, and the performance hit to the impacted store is enormous!  Sessions are down 80-90% when the pixel reports an error.  It was fine yesterday, and my sessions were at normal levels.  The error is back today, and I'm hit again.

filipcibicek
Excursionist
23 0 11
yes
Gonzaley
4 0 0

Guys, I am having the same issue.

Question is, what will happen if we disable the pixel all together and run only the conversion API?

anyone tested it?

ThriveEngine
Tourist
11 0 3

Looks like the event ID being sent from the FBQ browser pixel is different from the FB CAPI integration.

No idea why the Facebook app would do this. Seems odd.

I have a method that works that does not involve the standard Facebook Ads app integration at all.

The additional benefit is we use the same data stream to report events to Facebook Ads (pixel and CAPI), Google Ads (pixek and API), Google Analytics 4, and Universal Analytics. 

Takes some configuration... not a 1-click app install.

Let me know if you want me to share more details.

orry
Tourist
8 0 4

How can we still be searching for a fix to this. On the reddit thread there looks to be over 100 Shopify users with the same issue. Has anyone been able to fix this? I've tried contacting everyone that's ever ran a Facebook ad or opened a Shopify store and nobody seems to have a clue.

Screen Shot 2021-06-28 at 2.21.13 pm.png

shirali-asadi
Visitor
1 0 2

did u find the solution? what if I just ignore it and run my ads?

orry
Tourist
8 0 4

I have spoken to Shopify support multiple times and they have nothing for me. It's a Facebook issue as far as they are concerned. The errors in my sites are building up and the support you get is 0.

Gonzaley
4 0 0

please do

ELOU
Tourist
4 0 1

yes please share!

NewBee
Tourist
6 0 0

Help! Help! I still have this unresolved issue as well with no solution in sight!

NewBee
Tourist
6 0 0

Shopify  @Facebook @shopifysupport please assist

Josh_Uebergang
Shopify Expert
1012 43 268

Your pixel should be setup within the new Facebook channel.

Having done that, make sure you remove the "old" pixel from Online Store > Preferences.

Run Google Shopping ads? Get the free definitive guide to Google Shopping for Shopify (no optin required): https://www.digitaldarts.com.au/google-shopping
orry
Tourist
8 0 4

Hi Josh,

Thanks for your reply, but both of those are already in place. I've run the Facebook channel for quite some time and in the preferences it just says Set Up Facebook. 

TheSwivelShop
Visitor
2 0 1

Same as Orry, it only shows setup facebook which brings me to the facebook sales channel.

Robert_Sanberg
Visitor
1 0 0

Yep happening to us and 0 support. I am less than pleased. 

Pacifierbling
Tourist
10 0 3

Yeah this is ridiculous there isn't a solution for this, I have the same issue and the impact on sales is huge....Please someone give us a solution it is impacting many people.

Pacifierbling
Tourist
10 0 3

sent an email.

Gonzaley
4 0 0

Hi Sayed.

your assistance would be much appreciated. thank you!

Biowarrior
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi, @TheSwivelShop @GlitchGator @RKT @filipcibicek @Lubo @Fromanteel_Watc @Sam149 @Sarah-Botra @okimaslatt @glass-skin. Did any of you receive a solution to this?

Thank you!

Sd18
Visitor
2 0 0

My pixel has stopped recording events since August 30th - anyone get a solution? 

ThriveEngine
Tourist
11 0 3

I do have a solution we developed a few months back. But I've been extensively testing it since then before recommending it here in the group.

It's pretty full-on! But also gives you far more data and can pipe that data to wherever you need it - FBQ, Facebook CAPI, GA4, Universal Analytics, Google Ads pixel, Google Ads server-side, CRM, bigQuery... you name it.

Involves dropping Google Tag Manager snippets into the theme.liquid and also checkout settings.

Then there's a custom setup we've created.

Anyway, if this is something you guys want to see, let me know.

filipcibicek
Excursionist
23 0 11

The issue is still present for me. It may not pop-up in your diagnostics, you may have to navigate to 'previously-ignored' and you will see it still being detected. I haven't reached out to Shopify because the last time I did about this I doubt they did anything. Facebook support was even worse. Please, did anyone find any meaningful resolution to this? Don't try to sell us no subscription apps...

Screenshot 2021-09-09 at 10.10.05.png

@TheSwivelShop @GlitchGator @RKT @filipcibicek @Lubo @Fromanteel_Watc @Sam149 @Sarah-Botra @okimaslatt @glass-skin

Sd18
Visitor
2 0 0

I got my problem resolved today with the help of Shopify - it turned out there was an issue with the cookie bar which meant the pixel did not fire or record any events from visitors from UK/ EU.

Kollisbollis
Visitor
1 0 0

@Sd18 Please let us know how you got your problem resolved. 

Thanks!

Z_Jonah
Excursionist
16 0 3

Hello,
Have you found a solution to this?
I used the Facebook event tester and I can see that, for the same Add to Cart for example, one does have an event ID and the other doesn't. That means Facebook cannot deduplicate them and thus the same Add to Cart is reported twice.
Same thing for ViewContent, Purchase...

MeasureBit
Visitor
2 0 1

This has been happening for ages. Dozens and dozens of complaints on Reddit too.

After following this thread for months now, it's apparent that not everyone sees this problem. Hence, why it looks like neither Shopify or Facebook are going to fix it.

We've coded up a solution that gets all the data, deduplicates it and sends it to FB pixel, CAPI, Google Ads, Universal Analytics and Google Analytics, and installed it on various Shopify sites successfully.

hotrod3322
Shopify Partner
1 0 0

Do you offer your solution as a service?