Purchase Event missing some Deduplication Parameters for FB Pixel

filipcibicek
Excursionist
21 0 9
okimaslatt
6 0 0

this just started happening to me too.. any solutions?

0 Likes
glass-skin
1 0 0

Hi! Were you able to fix the issue?

0 Likes

Started happening to me six days ago. I contacted Facebook support on the 19th, and have not heard back after they requested permission to log into my account to investigate further.  I just got off a chat with Shopify support where they redirected me to Facebook stating: "Shopify does not support GTM Integrations and event ID is not available in the Facebook channel."  I run two Shopify stores, and only one is impacted.  Both setup exactly the same, and the performance hit to the impacted store is enormous!  Sessions are down 80-90% when the pixel reports an error.  It was fine yesterday, and my sessions were at normal levels.  The error is back today, and I'm hit again.

0 Likes
filipcibicek
Excursionist
21 0 9
yes
0 Likes
Gonzaley
4 0 0

Guys, I am having the same issue.

Question is, what will happen if we disable the pixel all together and run only the conversion API?

anyone tested it?

0 Likes
ThriveEngine
7 0 0

Looks like the event ID being sent from the FBQ browser pixel is different from the FB CAPI integration.

No idea why the Facebook app would do this. Seems odd.

I have a method that works that does not involve the standard Facebook Ads app integration at all.

The additional benefit is we use the same data stream to report events to Facebook Ads (pixel and CAPI), Google Ads (pixek and API), Google Analytics 4, and Universal Analytics. 

Takes some configuration... not a 1-click app install.

Let me know if you want me to share more details.

0 Likes
orry
Tourist
8 0 3

How can we still be searching for a fix to this. On the reddit thread there looks to be over 100 Shopify users with the same issue. Has anyone been able to fix this? I've tried contacting everyone that's ever ran a Facebook ad or opened a Shopify store and nobody seems to have a clue.

Screen Shot 2021-06-28 at 2.21.13 pm.png

Gonzaley
4 0 0

please do

0 Likes
ELOU
Tourist
3 0 0

yes please share!

0 Likes